Thread: Visiting Canterbury

Post Thanks / Like

Default Visiting Canterbury

I am visiting my son and daughter-in-law who live near Canterbury (UK) and this is the only place in my travels that I have not seen a cavalier. This is the second time I have been here, th first was in October and I didn't see a cavalier then either. I thought of all places, I would see one in the UK. I've seen one in Budapest, Prague, Lima, Peru, Stockholm and Upssala, Sweden, but none in Canterbury. Are they in hiding?
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)

Post Thanks / Like

A depressing number of people with good size gardens don't think their Cavaliers need to be taken for walks as well. I see very few in my neighbourhood - until school holidays, when a lot of tubby Cavaliers suddenly appear being walked/dragged by children or teenagers. Hardly surprising so many of them have weight (and heart) problems. Almost all of them are clipped short, as well, so their owners seem to be lazy about brushing as well as walking.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Post Thanks / Like

Totally agree with Kate. Just to say that we used to live near Canterbury a long time ago and I used to love it there. I assume they still have the old cobble stone streets?
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like

Very cute little villages, cobblestone streets, nice pubs, restaurants, but no cavaliers to be seen. We just took the high speed train to Paris and I saw one walking with his/her owner and then we took the TGV to Switzerland. Ill let you know if I see one here. It's been raining all day here so far.
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)