Thread: found Kildare Ire 1 M Ruby

Post Thanks / Like

Default found Kildare Ire 1 M Ruby

Found a Male Ruby Cavalier in the Glendale Meadows Leixlip area last night 05/06/2012. He looks like he is about 1 Year
    Very friendly . Is wearing a collar with no identification. Has a chip but vet is not able to link it.
    Mary

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mary,
    I don't know if you know about this website:
    www.lostandfoundpets.ie
    - you could try putting his details up there too.
    If you can't find his owner and need some help let us know
    Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi Mary -- Thanks for this information. Is someone holding on to him? Don't let him go to the Kildare pound -- very high rate of putting dogs down and they will not work with rescue groups. The finder should report him to the guards and report to the pound -- but this is very important: they do NOT need to bring him to the pound; the law does NOT require this. If his owners cannot be found he can be rehomed after 5 days. Rescue can probably help. If a few posters go up in the area he was found in, it's likely someone will know who he is or the owners will spot it.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Shirley
    I might need your help if I dont find his owners. I can hold onto him for a few days
    mary

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Karlin
    Thanks for getting back to me. I have him here with me. I have a ruby boy ( one of your rescues) called benjy but he is 12+ now and is not in good health so I dont want him stressed in any way but he seems to be getting on with him a bit better this evening. I have contacted all the vets in Leixlip, Lucan, and Celebridge. I rang the guards in leixlip last night but I never thought of the pounds I will do that tomorrow. I have him registered on lost and found irish animals.ie and lost dogs.ie. I have checked all the notice boards in the local supermarkets and the local post office is putting up a notice. He is someones pet and I would love to reunite him with them but I am also very annoyed that the dog has a collar but no phone number and a chip with no information. I walked around leixlip with him last night hoping someone would have been out looking

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Everyone. Good news owner is found in Leixlip. He rang me from the same vets I brought him to yesterday. He is not happy about the microchip. That is where he got it done and they could not read it. He is taking him straight back there to sort it out.
    Benjy is glad he is gone. He likes being an only dog.
    Mary

Post Thanks / Like

Thats great news. Lets hope the owner puts his number on his collar now too.
    Shirley
    A comfy lap for
    Trapper - tri boy Feb 2004, Bosco - ruby boy Jan 2008