Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spangle is limping really badly!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spangle is limping really badly!

Poor Spangle started to limp really badly after her walk this morning. She hasn't had any problems on the walk and we can't find anything in her paw or pads. It's her front right leg and she will hardly walk any steps and keeps holding her paw up and doesn't want to put any weight on it.
    We are stopping her going up and down steps, stairs and the sofa, we lift her instead. She has spent the entire day by my side on the sofa. She has eaten her dinner tonight and a neem
    stick and she hasn't cried or whimpered at all.
    We are taking her to the vet at 09.00 tomorrow.
    We are due to go on holiday on Sat! We just can't believe it! We are desperately hoping she will be OK by then as we can't cancel another holiday!
    I am really worried about her, she seems very "flat" if you know what I mean.
    Please keep your fingers crossed for her.
    Christine
    Spangle born 24/11/07 (Blen)
    Poppy (Blen)who went to Rainbow Bridge aged 13 and a half.

Post Thanks / Like

Aww poor Spangles, maybe she twisted herself awkwardly on her walk hopefully it is nothing to serious and the vet will make her comfortable. Gentle hugs to little Spangle.
    Andrea
    Jasper
    21/Dec/05 - 28 August 2014 my best friend, my soulmate
    Gabby 8/Nov/07,
    Felix the cat 4/April/10

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Andrea, you get so worried don't you especially when they can't tell you when they are in pain.
    Christine

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I know and its not nice seeing them unwell, you feel helpless.

Once Gabby was like as you describe Spangles, turned out she had hurt her shoulder, the anti inflamatory/painkilling injection the vet gave her and some metacam made her much more comfortable.
    I hope Spangles will be back to her normal self for the weekend
    Andrea
    Jasper
    21/Dec/05 - 28 August 2014 my best friend, my soulmate
    Gabby 8/Nov/07,
    Felix the cat 4/April/10

Post Thanks / Like

With you saying she is 'flat' it could be that she is incubating an interdigital cyst, however I think she would be licking the area (even before it erupts they usually lick furiously).
    The only other things I can think of other than an injury is a grass seed or a sting.

Post Thanks / Like

You're doing the right thing keeping her from jumping up and down furniture and avoiding the stairs. Let us know how the vet appointment goes tomorrow. Hopefully it will just be a small sprain or pulled muscle.
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

Post Thanks / Like

hi, how did you get on at the vets this morn? Hope alls well
    Blessed by the love of a Cavalier!
    G & Ruby(ruby girl!)B:04? Ex PF rescue,she came to me in '08 & has SM/MVD & she's a special princess & Jelly Tots(B&T girl)B:20/3/09,a real cuddles cheeky chops & the baby of the family!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, we got up early this morning and she was perfectly normal, no limping at all!
    So we decided to hold back visiting the vets. I had to go out for a little while but my OH took her for a walk and she was fine for about 15 mins then she developed a slight limp. Now she only seems to limp after first getting up from sleeping.
    We have decided to just to watch her today and if it carries on then we will take her to vet's tomorrow. She really doesn't seem to be in pain, she is brighter and is eating normally.
    Thanks for your replies. I will post about how she gets on.
    Christine

Post Thanks / Like

Could she have jumped off of something and jarred her leg? We had a similar incident before Christmas with Murphy. He was limping really badly one night, and like you we were going to take him into the vets the next morning. The exact same thing happened! He was fine when he got up, and only limped a little after a short walk. He was fine by the next again day, and back to running around like crazy

Hopefully she'll be fine.
    Paula - mum to Murphy(6) & Misty(7), and Jerry our cat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would def take her to the vet -- she could have something embedded in the paw that you can't see, and something is going on if she is still limping and you haven't found anything on a basic check of her. You don't want your holiday threatened by things getting worse and right now it may be a very simple thing to address. I think you'll feel a lot better having it checked even if just to get an all-clear.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com