Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Spangle is limping really badly!

Post Thanks / Like

Christine, I hope you relax and have a wonderful time on holiday. I am sure Spangly will be fine and having her own fun holiday. We look forward to hearing your news when you return.
    Tania and The Three Cavaliers!
    Dotty!- A Sweet Little Tri
    Molly - Pretty Tri Dougall - Gorgeous Blenheim

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi Christine

Have a lovely holiday and I bet the sun shines next week ,I am sure Spangly will miss you as much as you miss him but he will
    be fine and waiting to give you tons of licks on your return .
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 12 yr old female cavalier who started having a problem with her front left paw. I looked and couldn't find a problem. Sometimes, as they have webbed paws they get ingrown hairs that cause the paw to swell, making them lick it.
    sometimes it causes a cyst that will burst which relieves the swelling. Had several vet offer several solutions. After much searching I used a combination of metacam( is like Advil for dogs) and Benadryl to relieve pain and swelling. I soaked the paw in Epsom salts with small amount of betadine disinfectant then dried the paw. If cyst burst go to your pharmacy and pick up Tinactin spray not liquid as these cysts are usually a combination of bacterial infection and Tinactin will kill the fungal discharge. My girl was total at fine the next day. Her pad and top part of her paw were very swollen and this worked. She has had them reoccur on both front paws and this helps greatly and will save hundreds of dollars in vet bills.