Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spangle is limping really badly!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Just had a thought is Spangle on Trocoxil for her SM?
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your replies everyone.
    Nicki, no she isn't on Trocoxil.
    Christine
    Spangle born 24/11/07 (Blen)
    Poppy (Blen)who went to Rainbow Bridge aged 13 and a half.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Do hope poor Spangle is a bit better and you don't have to take her for x-rays. Try and enjoy your holiday

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you again. I took Spangle back to the vets again today just to be checked over before our/her holidays. She has improved quite a bit. The vet gave me 3 Corphodyl (spelling) tablets to give her for the next 3 days and told me to tell her breeder to try to keep resting her as much as possible!
    So, I have had a long chat with Spangle and told her that she must do as she is told whilst she is with her sister, mum and aunty and not tear around the house and garden at 90 miles an hour!!!
    She didn't look too impressed!
    She goes at 10.00 tomorrow, but we don't leave until Sat morning. I really hate being in the house without her, it just does not feel right. Due to illness, hers and mine and other factors I haven't spent a night apart from her in about 14 months.
    Scary!
    Christine

Post Thanks / Like

Great news! I can imagine how hard it will be for you to leave her, but you're leaving her in good hands. Enjoy your holiday and try not to miss her too much. I know, easier said than done!
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

Post Thanks / Like

I hope you and Spangles both enjoy your holidays, sounds like you will be having the separation anxiety lol. Great news that she is improving
    Andrea
    Jasper
    21/Dec/05 - 28 August 2014 my best friend, my soulmate
    Gabby 8/Nov/07,
    Felix the cat 4/April/10

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spangly View Post
    Thank you again. I took Spangle back to the vets again today just to be checked over before our/her holidays. She has improved quite a bit. The vet gave me 3 Corphodyl (spelling) tablets to give her for the next 3 days and told me to tell her breeder to try to keep resting her as much as possible!
    So, I have had a long chat with Spangle and told her that she must do as she is told whilst she is with her sister, mum and aunty and not tear around the house and garden at 90 miles an hour!!!
    She didn't look too impressed!

Scary!
    So glad Spangle is improving. Sounds like she will have lots of fun while you are away. Since we had Harley who is 4 now I never have been separated from my three.
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like

Oh gosh Sabby then my 13 months together with Spangle is nothing in comparison!
    She's been gone 4 hours now and it is so quiet and still in the house!
    She isn't a noisy dog at all but it's strange how silent it is.
    Packed our wellies, plastic macs and lots to read, that should just about cover it!!!
    Christine

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I do hope you have a wonderful holiday, that the wellies aren't needed and the books are all a great read.

I wholeheartedly sympathise with how you feel. I am going on holiday in a few weeks and I have never had such a stressful time.

I have dogsitters coming to stay and I was anxious enough, having an ageing population of dogs, some with special needs and on various medication, but what I now need to ask the sitters to do is far beyond what I had imagined would be necessary.

The upshot is I don't want to go and I really regret agreeing in January that I would holiday abroad with the family.

My very precious Tommy, having been saved from euthanasia at the last moment by a diagnosis of pancreatitis and a change to a low fat diet( he was on a high fat diet for kidney disease ) then had to be given a dental. He was slow recovering and he remained reluctant to eat for a long time. He is much brighter now and has begun to eat better, but I still need to hand feed him his special diet to get him started.
    Tommy sleeps soundly but always senses when I have moved away and within minutes he will come to find me.

On the Jubilee Bank Holiday Monday my little Japanese Chin, Dandy, slipped a disc and needed emergency surgery. He has to be on strict crate rest for 4 weeks and gradual 15 minutes out of the cage at a time for the next 3-4 weeks. The MRI showed he has a lot of other discs that are protruding so it is very important that he is managed carefully. He needs physiotherapy exercises three times a day and must be kept harnessed when carried out for his five minute toilet breaks; hiis care is very time consuming.
    He is another that considers I am his safety net so he cries when he cannot see or hear me.

Some of the others also give concern. Fonzi is ageing and in the last couple of weeks has near enough given up coming for even a short stroll. His appetite is erratic.
    Bridgette has to have a special diet to prevent bladder stones forming. She is very quick, very dominant and needs to be carefully watched as she shamelessly mugs the others for their food and treats.

It is a lot to ask of anyone who does not know my dogs.

Kind and experienced cavalier friends, who I know will give the poorly pair all the care they need, have offered to have Tommy & Dandy while I am away but I am worried that a change in their familiar surroundings, as well as a change of carer, may make things even worse for my two invalids.
    Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Great news about Spangle hopefully that makes you feel a bit better about going away Christine. I'm sure her breeder will take good care of her and hopefully make her rest.

Margaret, I'm so very sorry, what an absolute nightmare for you Very difficult as you don't want to let your family down, but your loyalties must be terribly divided.

I wish we were nearer, we would try to help. It is so very hard having a houseful of oldies, esp at times like these. I'm sure your carers will take very good care of all your beloved companions, I know it won't be the same as you being there and they will miss you, but with love and care they will be ok.

Try to relax and enjoy your holiday so you come back fully refreshed and can cope again with the difficulties you face. I'm sure you will be leaving instructions what to do if someone is poorly etc.