Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: harness vs collar

Post Thanks / Like

For me, Puppia harnesses look the best, but for my two dogs, they don't like having them put on over their heads. I suppose having typical cavalier ears doesn't help either. I use a step-in type that clips behind the neck area and on the body.
    I'm on the hunt for a 'miracle' harness though - Bosco still scratches a bit when we are out walking on the lead. If he is free to run around he's fine, but being on the lead just seems to make his SM worse and it's not really feasible to only walk him off lead.
    Shirley
    A comfy lap for
    Trapper - tri boy Feb 2004, Bosco - ruby boy Jan 2008

Post Thanks / Like

i like the idea of the step in ones. I acutally have one for my youngest cat.
    i have two cats..meekos 16 and although itll always make me nervous..i let him out because hes been used to it his entire life. we moved to a new neighbourhood with a busier road and THAT freaks me out..but theres not much i can do..you cant teach an old cat new tricks..i tried. he HATES the harness
    simba the little one..hes two.. gets upset when meeko goes out and he dosnt.. i dont trust him at all on this road. so i bought a cheap harness for him and just attach it to a leash thats attached to a pole outside.. he puts up with it as long as no 'strangers' come up the drivway. he dosnt like strangers..even if its my dad.

anyhoo..step is work pretty good. ive found one on etsy that i like.. she custom makes them http://www.etsy.com/shop/daydogdesigns?ref=pr_shop_more nothign i have to worry about now. but bookmarked for later.

on the other hand im also really liking the smooth feeling of the leather or fabric kind. leather or faux leather especially for collars..which i will probably have on full time just in case.
    oliver was microchipped but usualyl wore his collar i think in his later days dad got in the habbit of taking it off him when in the house.
    Oliver and Max and Meeko man, i will meet you at the Rainbow bridge. I love you all. Miss you more then you'll ever know.
    wait for me...
    Chelsea

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I just got harnesses for my two from this Etsy shop.

http://www.etsy.com/search/handmade?...ery&ship_to=US

I'm really happy with them, I'll try to remember to post pictures of the dogs wearing them tomorrow. The stitching is perfectly done, and they seem very durable.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Soushiruiuma View Post
    I just got harnesses for my two from this Etsy shop.

http://www.etsy.com/search/handmade?...ery&ship_to=US

I'm really happy with them, I'll try to remember to post pictures of the dogs wearing them tomorrow. The stitching is perfectly done, and they seem very durable.

Oh so cute!!!!!! Hmmmm I might have to have one of those for Fletcher went he's done growing because I would be sad of he outgrew that