Thread: Shaking like he's cold and irregular heartbeat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shaking like he's cold and irregular heartbeat

Hi everyone a couple of times when Charlie is drifting off to sleep I've noticed his body quivers like he's cold. Hes doing it now as he breathes in. He can't be cold as he is curled up with me. What could this be?

Also I am so paranoid that I sometimes listen to his heartbeat when he's sleeping. It sounds irregular like a "glub glub glubglub.....glub glub...."

I was very worried but then aren't murmurs more of a "glub glub woosh glub glub woosh" ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Twitching is normal, as the brain goes to sleep there can be some random firing of motor neurons.

The heart sounds are also normal (doctors use lub-dub...lub-dub as the sounds). You wouldn't be able to hear a slight murmur unassisted though, I'm assuming you are just putting your ear against his chest?

Post Thanks / Like

He lies right against my head so i did have my ear against his chest :-/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Soushiruiuma View Post
    Twitching is normal, as the brain goes to sleep there can be some random firing of motor neurons.

The heart sounds are also normal (doctors use lub-dub...lub-dub as the sounds). You wouldn't be able to hear a slight murmur unassisted though, I'm assuming you are just putting your ear against his chest?
    I agree . Most of the time slight twitching while sleeping is normal. They fall into their REM sleep and (dream). They may even act like they are running w/ their legs, wagging their tails and everything. I guess without really seeing it for ourselves it would be hard to know it this was actual twitching or spasms.
    When you describe he quivers...is this more like his body is shaking ? Sometimes a dog will do into an epileptic seizure.
    It might be best to make a Vet appt. and have him checked out.
    In most cases..it is probably just that your pup is dreaming.
    *Diane ~ Mom to~
    Wrigley ( Cavalier) Zeb ( Labrador) & Jake ( Labradoodle)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

hi
    when my louie sleeps in front of the fire he will kick his back legs out
    and i love to watch him when he his dreaming he blows his check's out

Post Thanks / Like

Sonny used to do this when he was a baby. I thought I had posted about it but I can't find the thread.... I was really worried that there was something wrong with him, but eventually he outgrew it and doesn't do that anymore when he sleeps.

Quote Originally Posted by xoxHannaHxox View Post
    Hi everyone a couple of times when Charlie is drifting off to sleep I've noticed his body quivers like he's cold. Hes doing it now as he breathes in. He can't be cold as he is curled up with me. What could this be?

Also I am so paranoid that I sometimes listen to his heartbeat when he's sleeping. It sounds irregular like a "glub glub glubglub.....glub glub...."

I was very worried but then aren't murmurs more of a "glub glub woosh glub glub woosh" ?

Post Thanks / Like

Fletcher does this too, I being the nut I am even record a video on my phone to show my vet. I got more that one time, I showed to vet 3 different videos she said Fletcher is fine and that is "normal" the shaking part anyway. I don't know about the heartbeat thing tho. Again I'm crazy but I really wanted to know he was alright. I wish I could post the videos here for you to see but I'm a tech doedoe

Melissa

Melissa

HAHAAAA perfect example look what I just posted!!!!!!! I laugh at myself sometimes too much.
    Last edited by MomObvious; 14th June 2012 at 03:33 AM. Reason: because I'm a doedoe