• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Help please about Carprieve 100mg

Spangly

After she has been limping badly for 2 days we took Spangle to the vet's today. It was not my usual vet. She has given Spangle a 100mg tablet of Carprieve for me to give her tomorrow morning. (Costing £10.57 !!)
We were in the surgery for almost 25 minutes! What I'm wondering is, is this the same as Rimadyl?
I know it's an anti inflammatory drug but that's all. Also does 100mg sound right for a 10kg dog.
I'm probably just worrying when I don't need to, but she has only ever been seen by my usual vet before today.

Yes, carprieve is the same as rimadyl. Oliver is on 20mg a day (he weighs 10kg), but this is a steady daily dose. 100mg seems an awful lot, but as Spangle is having more pain, the vet may have wanted to zap it hard. Hope it works!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Back