Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help!! Should i or shouldn't i rehome little cavalier

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alfiesmummy View Post
    Well i am afraid to say that because i asked too many questions to this women and she sees this as being "awkward" she is not rehoming her dog to me. She will rehome to someone who asks less questions! I asked too many questions and asked for a vaccine card! This is how i uncovered all these lies. How dear i! She wanted to post the vaccine card to me and i refused as i need to card to put the dogs into kennels when i am away in the next month. Now i am awkward! Thats because there is no vaccine card. I had to ask as i have my own dogs health to think of too! She would not take this as an answer either and i am being awkward!
    She told me the dog was vaccinated, health checked, kc reg and microchipped and the dog has had none of any of it! Its only had one vaccine and thats what the breeder gave it, so its not even had the first proper vacs!!! The dog is 18 months old and has been walking around outside!

I now can see why there is so many poor dogs in rehoming centres. That poor dog. These people make me sick to my stomach!
    Ohmygosh !! How terrible !!
    I started reading thru the first couple posts..and was in total agreement w/ everyone. I thought > "YES...go her her ASAP..and give her the home she sooo deserves" !
    She won't let you have her now??
    All I can say to you..is God bless you for your efforts. Is there any authorities you can contact about this? The fact she has lied..and this poor dog hasn't had shots, etc...can anyone remove it from her?
    Wow....why do people get dogs ( or any other pet for that matter) and not care enough to take the proper responsibility for it? Unbelieveably sad !
    *Diane ~ Mom to~
    Wrigley ( Cavalier) Zeb ( Labrador) & Jake ( Labradoodle)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ugh

I am so sorry she won't rehome to you. I too would ask a friend to take her and I'd bet she would not follow up if you are actually the one taking care of her.

If you can rehome, I would take to the vet and also get insurance. I might also want to isolate from my own dogs for a few days given she has not been properly vaccinated. Your dogs of course had their shots, so that might be being overly cautious, but still.

I agree with Murphy'sMum on witnessing the exchange, but I'd actually have her sign a piece of paper saying she is relinquishing the dog and will have no further claims on the dog. My sister went through a messy ordeal with a cat she got that was rehomed to her. The people changed their mind after the exchange and were coming over to get the cat back. Police had to be called ... it was messy!

Anyway, I hope you can make it work out okay.

BTW, a lot of people don't like to give Cavaliers shots (in the US) anyway, because according to research by Dr. Jean Dodds some shots carry immunity much longer than the space vets normally give between shots. I did get all my puppy shots for my dogs and then shots every 3 years. Many vets want to do annually but I do know very responsible Cavalier owners who Titer to check immunity in lieu of vaccinating. Of course this woman I'm sure did not do that!
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)

Post Thanks / Like

what a terribly sad story,that poor little soul......how do people like this sleep? nasty **#**

like others have said a friend & a few fibs might be a way to go(I would not advocate lying ever..except if its to help)& a witness. or maybe try calling a local rescue,tho i doubt this person would let her go to rescue,no money in that! only kindness!(only my guess)

please update here if you hear any more,im not going to be able to stop thinking about this little one
    Blessed by the love of a Cavalier!
    G & Ruby(ruby girl!)B:04? Ex PF rescue,she came to me in '08 & has SM/MVD & she's a special princess & Jelly Tots(B&T girl)B:20/3/09,a real cuddles cheeky chops & the baby of the family!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Agree -- have a friend go in and not ask for info and not mention you.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Can't you just go back to her a say sorry (tough under the circumstances I know) and say that your not worried about the vaccine etc ect. Maybe just eat some humble pie to get around her or just get a friend to go get her

Post Thanks / Like

I got a friend to enquire and the dog got rehomed to the bronx of Norfolk sadly. I pray the little dog is ok. I hope she is in safe hands. Some people gggrrrrrrr!! I do know who the dogs breeder is and i will be calling her!

I just could never imagine doing what that women did to her dog. My dogs are important family members here. I find it shocking how people dont have that attachment. It frightens me to imagine sending my dogs to who knows where!

Many thanks for all your help xxxxx