• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Fletcher is scared of SpiderMan

MomObvious

My son has found an old Halloween costume of SpiderMan and has it on for whatever reason....my kids are weird I know. Well Fletcher was sitting by me on the sofa and as soon as my son came around the corner dressed as SpiderMan including mask Fletcher freaked out.....he jumped off the sofa and barked and barked then ran back to me to hide. I told my son the take off the mask and say hello to Fletcher, show him its you I said. Well he did but Fletcher started barking and barking again :) Wow a serious case of cavalier OCD, Fletcher's first. However, in his defense the costume has fake padding for muscles so my son looks buff. Fletcher has met MANY people and had no problem so I really think it's the costume.

I went to put Fletcher in his area off the kitchen and he whined poor baby was scared but a less than 3 foot SpiderMan hahahaa

Now my son is making up with Fletcher giving him carrot pieces and talking nice to him through the gate.

I have my son take off the costume and I think it may "go missing"

Melissa

Awe....poor little Fletcher !! LOL... Funny though !
He just got scared.
Our dogs do the same thing w/ trick or treaters. If they don't have masks..and they can see their face initially...they are usually fine..but we started to just gate them off. I guess it's just not a natural look..so it freaks them out.... I dunno?

One time I had our big dogs out back..and came around from the corner of the house to do some gardening w/ a hat on
( I bought it just to keep the sun outta my face)..and wow. They had never seen me in a hat..as I never wear them.
My dog did not recognize me at all !! I had to take the hat off real quick and yell it's name before it stopped. It sure didn't like me sneaking up....hahaha.

You should probably slowly introduce fletcher to your son in costumes. You guys have several years of Halloween before he outgrows dressing for Halloween (plus any friends that come over for trick or treating).

You should probably slowly introduce fletcher to your son in costumes. You guys have several years of Halloween before he outgrows dressing for Halloween (plus any friends that come over for trick or treating).

Yes I think so, but I thought I would have thought I needed to worry about this now! :)

But I don't want Fletcher to be fearful, I am trying very hard to expose Fletcher to as many different dogs, people, sounds etc. that I can think of. So far SpiderMan and ducks are the only time he has shown fear. Yeah, the duck in the neighborhood, he stopped and watched them crossing our walking path for the first time the other day, then he tucked under my leg. They were all quack quack leave me alone so whatever, as least he didn't want to chase them.

This puppy keeps me amused!!!! I love him so much.

Oh yeah and I caught my son (same SpiderMan- Mr. Mischief) has found a way to get into Fletcher's space, he pulls a kitchen chair over and jumps over an extra tall baby gate (he's a 25 lb 4 yr old, very small for his age).....he got in big trouble!! After the "Hey you don't belong in there get your little tail out" and a serious time out (Mr. Mischief is not allowed to move kitchen chairs-when he was younger my husband actually used a bungee cord to prevent this) I talked to him in 4 yr old language, that that area is Fletcher's place only and he is to never go in there again. See just when I think the puppy is safe in his area, my son quickly shows me I still need to watch him just as closely. Can I crate train my son???? Guess not. No I wouldn't crate my kid its a joke. Its so funny Fletcher and Mr. Mischief are so much alike.... but they must be respectful of each other.

Just sharing my crazy life, but shhhh I actually love those little monsters.

Melissa

Back