• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Nature diet

xoxHannaHxox

Sorry for all the questions lately everyone!

Charlie is fed on wainwrights dry food at the moment with a tiny bit of NatureDiet warmed up as a topper. He will only eat it this way and really enjoys his dinner times now :)

My question is NatureDiet says on the packet once opened eat within 48 hours! Charlie is never going to eat that whole thing in 48 hours when I only use it as a topper! :(

So I keep the food in the packet in a sealed sandwich bag, then put that in a sealed lunchbox and in the fridge. Any food he has I scrape it out and put it in a separate bowl to heat up.

Do you think this would be ok for a few days??

If left to sit out..it may go to waste..but if you put it in the fridge like you are doing.. I would think it would be fine.
Can I ask you why you warm his food? Is it just because he likes it that way? :eek:

If left to sit out..it may go to waste..but if you put it in the fridge like you are doing.. I would think it would be fine.
Can I ask you why you warm his food? Is it just because he likes it that way? :eek:

When I picked up Sydney as a puppy, his breeder was going over care instructions. When she talked about his wet puppy food, she said she always warmed it up as "everyone deserves a warm meal". I did it that way all his life.

Aw "everyone deserves a warm meal" - this is the line I'll use when family members ask me why I warm Charlie's food!

Honestly though I read on the packaging that it can be fed warm and thought "why haven't I thought of this before!" so I tried it, it made it a little more stinky but easier to mix with his dry food and he loves it!

Back