Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hair Overload! - Suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hair Overload! - Suggestions?

Ok so BB is now almost 9 months old, I NOW see what people meant by they shed. Her first 9 months I felt like "hey, this is not so bad, I can keep up with this..." now that the hair is getting longer I have bought a new dysons upright animal vacuum cleaner but is there anything to help keep the couch cleaned up from hair? It is a bit much getting the upright out every night and cleaning up the couch but if I do not then I am looking like a hairball!

Thanks for any help!
    Noelle, B.B., & Tucker

Post Thanks / Like

Try handstripping her. If you keep her coat groomed out she will shed less.
    I use either my fingers or a comb with an elastic band woven into the teeth.

I have to admit Oliver has quite a fine coat, so someone with a heavier coated Cavalier might be better placed to give advice. lol

Good luck
    M&O x

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi

We have four girls and keep them all in full coat and our saviour is the hand held Dyson Animal DC34 for ease around the house.

http://www.dyson.co.uk/Vacuumcleaner...34-Animal.aspx
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my goodness this is what I'm in for...

Its ok anything Fletcher does I love him anyway..but I do not regret getting a dark brown sofa just last summer now. Oh well! I used to have beagles man do they shed

Melissa

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Regular/daily brushing will help with hair.

I too am a HUGE fan of that handheld Dyson Animal -- a charge lasts for ages longer than other handhelds; I can do my entire stairs with it! So much handier for sofas etc too rather than getting out the whole vacuum.

Some individual cavaliers she d a LOT more than others...

But she is around the age that they often 'blow' their puppy coat and also as the weather is warm, she may just be shedding her winter coat -- so it may not be a permanent level of shedding.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Whew - Karlin you may have made my day! It has just gotten "summer" warm here in the Carolinas and I was unaware that she could be losing her puppy coat - that may explain things. Thanks to you and Brian for the handheld suggestion - I am off to buy the Dyson handheld you both recommend.
    Noelle, B.B., & Tucker

Post Thanks / Like

Do any of you use the FURminator on your Cavaliers? Thoughts? Does it work or would you steer clear?
    Noelle, B.B., & Tucker

Post Thanks / Like

Haha we have hardwood floors so we occasionally have a ball of hair just roll by...it's hilarious. Or sometimes we find a TON of accumulated hair in some nook or cranny.

1) Brush your dog regularly to get rid of dead/loose hair. Bebe -- we use the furminator and have not seen any negative effects.

2) We used to have one of those sticky roller things to pick Skippy's hair off our clothes but it got tiring buying replacements, so I bought several of these -- http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o06_s00_i00
    Have one in each of our cars and a couple spread out throughout the house.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BeBe View Post
    Do any of you use the FURminator on your Cavaliers? Thoughts? Does it work or would you steer clear?
    We use it and like it. ( Usually use it on the deck outside) Wrigley likes it too..and it works well for him.
    *Diane ~ Mom to~
    Wrigley ( Cavalier) Zeb ( Labrador) & Jake ( Labradoodle)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dandelos View Post
    Haha we have hardwood floors so we occasionally have a ball of hair just roll by...it's hilarious. Or sometimes we find a TON of accumulated hair in some nook or cranny.
    Exactly the same, as it was here, only we called it tumbleweed!
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart