Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hair Overload! - Suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

LOL - everyone is too funny! I think Karlin is right she is losing her puppy coat so the hair has been significantly worse and the brush I have been using is just not enough. Sounds like the FURminator will help along with the Dyson's handheld - yeah! She is such a cute furry muffin - love her and the hair!
    Noelle, B.B., & Tucker

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BeBe View Post
    Do any of you use the FURminator on your Cavaliers? Thoughts? Does it work or would you steer clear?
    I use it but sparingly. It has a razor in it and it can strip the coat if used routinely. I use a lot behind my dogs ears where Matt's form easily. And I give them a once-over with it when they are shedding. It does do a good job of getting a lot off.

Another trick to getting dog hair off the couch and clothes is to dampen a wash cloth or rag, roll it tightly and gently scrape the cloth's surface. Brings away the dog hair nicely. I also use a simple bristle broom on my carpets once in a while when I don't feel like vacuuming. Gets all the surface hair quite well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dandelos View Post
    Haha we have hardwood floors so we occasionally have a ball of hair just roll by...it's hilarious. Or sometimes we find a TON of accumulated hair in some nook or cranny.
    Sounds just like home.

With six fluffy dogs hair is regarded as a condiment in our household.
    Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret C View Post
    Sounds just like home.

LOL.......that's funny !! Same here !!
    If someone finds a little hair ball in the corner I happened to miss... I just tell them it's added DECOR !!!
    Last edited by DZee; 18th June 2012 at 04:48 PM.
    *Diane ~ Mom to~
    Wrigley ( Cavalier) Zeb ( Labrador) & Jake ( Labradoodle)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I do my best to keep up with the hair. If I let it accumulate into tumbleweeds Sparky lets me know it is time to Dyson because he'll start snacking on them. (maybe it's a puppy mill rescue sort of thing ... but he loves eating hair ... gross!).

He is my big shedder. Lucky sheds but Sparky REALLY sheds.

I hope BeBe is just blowing her puppy coat. You could be in for better or worse when the adult coat comes in.

Hope you get a light shedder.
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, no ... haha, it's pretty bad. I remember when I got a Havanese I thought the shedding would be terrible because of the soft silky hair, but they have virtually no shedding at all. My corgi is pretty bad though. But cavaliers are from the worst I've seen

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret C View Post

Very funny Margaret!
    Karlin, is that the Dyson that you can use on the dogs themselves? If it is, do yours like the sensation?
    Shirley
    A comfy lap for
    Trapper - tri boy Feb 2004, Bosco - ruby boy Jan 2008

Post Thanks / Like

I recently picked up a Furminator and was amazed at how much fur it brought out. Charlie doesn't seem to mind in the slightest un less you snag it on a mat.
    Tim

"May you live as long as you want, and may you not want as long as you live"....an Irish Blessing

Post Thanks / Like

Hello!
    The shedding is making me crazy! Amy started to shead at 5 months, last january, and didn't stoped ever since, however shedding a lot more now!!!!
    Here, in Portugal, by this time we should have very hot weather (way above 3032 Celcius) but we had a week of 30C and then fallowed by 3 weeks of 22C-24C!!!! So dogs are shedding like crazy!!! And very confused, also!!!

Before, I passed the furminator once or twice a week, sometimes even less. Now, I am passing furminator EVERY day. I don't see the point on not using it, because the fur that don't cames out in the furminator, it will came out on the furniture or on the floor. So I rather control where she sheeds (outside with the FURMINATOR).

And I vacumm Every single day! And I also pass the broom/mopa almoust every end of the day...
    Amy's 11 month now.

I will take a pick at the vacumms that you recommend, even they aren't commercialized here.
    Anyone uses vacumm-robot?
    Carla & Amy,
    From Portugal

Post Thanks / Like

Lola is shedding so badly at the moment! Me and my boyfriend(who owns a Ruby cavvie called Tilly) took them both to the beach earlier. On the way home, both fell asleep ontop of me and my black top. When we got out of the car, I looked like I was wearing a Ruby/White coloured dog hair cardigan! Yuck! Drives me INSANE!!!x