Thread: Strawberries

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Strawberries

Hi

I never ever bother with fruit or veg I am a flower person but this year I bought two different
    types of strawberry planter and put them on bricks and planted them up a couple of months
    ago and fed them every two days .So far lots of little ones but no big ones so I thought they
    mustnt grow very big then last night I caught them ,three thieves it was working as an organised
    gang ,yes it was Poppy ,Rosie and Lily plucking them off and down the throat they go .I wonder why Daisy
    was not involved thought she would of been the leader .
    Oh well I tried wont be doing it next year .

Best Wishes

bri
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

ohh!!! why not, you must plant strawberries next year, they had been waiting patientely for the last 6months so they were nice and ripe, lol, karen

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hello Karen

Yes ,you are right I shouldnt disappoint them .
    Brian M

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Our strawberries actually grew back the last two years (or rather never really died in the winter). Maybe you won't have to replant next year to keep the girls stocked with fresh strawberries.

We hardly get any either and just tiny ones too. Occassionally when I'm watering the other plants I'll see a ripe one and pluck to have a snack. Dogs never bother with them though.
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)

Post Thanks / Like

Lol they like to keep you on your toes!You must plant more Bri, the girls level of service has to be maintained & now they have a taste for them..........

funny Daisy wasnt right in there tho mm..maybe she'd already had all the best ones! Dont forget to take 3 strawbs in doors- one each for you, Dawn & Luke then the girls can have the rest!
    Blessed by the love of a Cavalier!
    G & Ruby(ruby girl!)B:04? Ex PF rescue,she came to me in '08 & has SM/MVD & she's a special princess & Jelly Tots(B&T girl)B:20/3/09,a real cuddles cheeky chops & the baby of the family!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about planting strawberries but I LOVE to go pick them.....yummy too bad you don't have any extras to send to me LOL

Melissa

Post Thanks / Like

Ha ha Bosco did that last year. It's the downside of giving them strawberries as part of their food. We have our strawberries under netting this year though they aren't growing too well at the moment -a bit too much rain and too little sun I think.
    Shirley
    A comfy lap for
    Trapper - tri boy Feb 2004, Bosco - ruby boy Jan 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi

Given up on them last night when I tuned around the two planters were surrounded by four Cavaliers so told Geoff at work
    to pick them up he can have them ,oh well I tried but I didnt think .
    Brian M