Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spangle not well at all!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spangle not well at all!

I took Spangle for a short walk this morning and noticed that she was bothered by her back leg, when I looked closely I spotted a small bee trapped in her fur.
    I managed to free it and we continued our walk.
    When we got home Spangle started to show signs of distress. I checked for a bee sting but could find nothing, she was rubbing her head violently into the sofa, along the floor everywhere. Then she ran upstairs and hid in a spare bedroom under a dressing table. She was in pain so I asked a neighbour to drive me to the vets. (My sister usually takes me but she was out).
    The vet thinks that it may be that she was stung but that it then triggered off her SM symptoms. Her gave her an anti inflammatory injection and supply of tablets for a week. When we got back home she went into the garden and was very sick!

She finally got to sleep about 11.50 and didn't move until 12 .40 when my husband returned.
    She welcomed him home and then started rubbing her face again.
    She has now finally gone to sleep again but will only if she can go underneath the desk in the study (somewhere she never sleeps.
    We may be back to the vets again tonight!
    Christine
    Spangle born 24/11/07 (Blen)
    Poppy (Blen)who went to Rainbow Bridge aged 13 and a half.

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to say that the tablets are cimalgex. She hasn't moved from that one spot in the study. I am so worried about her.
    Christine

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I'm sorry. Who would think a simple bee sting could cause a flare up of her SM? There are so many worries with cavalier illnesses. I hope you get her all fixed up and out of pain as quickly as possible. If you think she's still hurting I would have her back to the vet ASAP. Keep us posted and I hope she is fine soon.

Melissa

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hello Christine,

Poor Spangle. You must be worried sick. This is what happened when Tommy had a flare up of pancreatitis. It made the SM symptoms worse and he was taking himself off to sleep behind chairs and under tables, something he never does normally.

I hope she soon feels better.
    Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry to hear Spangle isn't well. Please let us know how she is. Take care of yourself, I know how upsetting these situations are
    Paula - mum to Murphy(6) & Misty(7), and Jerry our cat.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry to hear about Spangle. I was interested to hear about where she went to get comfortable though - Margaret's Tommy also. When Riley is uncomfortable with her SM, she goes under tables and chairs or under the desk in the study. Is that because the space is contained and closed in and gives them a feeling of comfort? I don't want to hijack this thread, so I'll start a new one since I am curious about other SM dogs. Let us know how SPangle is.
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)

Post Thanks / Like

Spangle is much better this evening. She's had a little bit of chicken which she loved and hasn't done any head rubbing or shaking since early afternoon.
    Thank you Melissa, Margaret and Paula for your comments, I think I panicked because that was the first really bad episode I have witnessed. She is usually pretty steady on her medication and she seemed so distressed.
    I am so relieved.
    Christine

Post Thanks / Like

im so glad Spangle is much better,poor love & poor you,what a terrible thing to happen
    Blessed by the love of a Cavalier!
    G & Ruby(ruby girl!)B:04? Ex PF rescue,she came to me in '08 & has SM/MVD & she's a special princess & Jelly Tots(B&T girl)B:20/3/09,a real cuddles cheeky chops & the baby of the family!

Post Thanks / Like

Awe...poor baby !! What a morning !! Glad she is doing better now..but that had to of hurt !
    ...Hugs to you too... your are a good Mommy !
    *Diane ~ Mom to~
    Wrigley ( Cavalier) Zeb ( Labrador) & Jake ( Labradoodle)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh I'm sorry I missed this earlier - poor Spangle and it must have given you such a scare

Pleased to hear that she is doing a bit better tonight - thanks for your message ,will write tomorrow.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org