Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Daisy's MVD Check Up

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Daisy's MVD Check Up

Hi

Took my Daisy at 11.45 am today to see Simon at North West Surgeons .She is still there ,after his initial
    examination he thinks she has gone from last August's Grade 2 murmur to a now Grade 4 but wants to confirm
    this after she has undergone an echocardiogram test ,an electrocardiogram test and possibly a doppler test.So I
    go back to get her in a couple of hours and see what he says and advises for the future .Poor Daisy it
    brought a lump to my throat and I am utterly shocked as she seems no different to what she was 1 ,2
    or even 4 years ago .

brian
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Brian, please keep us up to date on the exam report. How old is Daisy?
    Rod Russell

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hello Rod

She was 5 on Jan 9 ,yes will update you on her report .I also have a feeling from
    what he indicated before she will be on no medication yet .Your site was the first
    thing I have been reading .

Rgds

Brian
    Last edited by Brian M; 29th June 2012 at 03:28 PM.
    Brian M

Post Thanks / Like

Thinking about Daisy and keeping everything crossed. Please let us know what the doctor says.
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

Post Thanks / Like

Sending happy thoughts to you and yours!

Melissa

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Brian, if the cardiologist says no medication yet, then that is fairly good news. It probably means no significant enlargement of the heart, if any.
    Rod Russell

Post Thanks / Like

Thinking of you and Daisy.
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,
    sorry to hear. I know a cav that is grade 5 and no medicine so maybe Daisy will still be ok.
    Kitty

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi

She was bright and responsive ,her heart beat was regular and her pulses full and synchronous but a Grade 4 caudal systolic murmur could be detected .The Echocardiogram showed a thickening mitral valve and the left atrium was slightly dilated and left ventricle rounded and Doppler colour flow showed a moderate jet of mitral egurgitation ,deep breath ,the average time to heart failure fro here is about 30 months .She was presribed no medication and will have none till we reach CHF but to continue with a low sodium food and Omega3 and Taurine. He was disappointed that her heart disease had progressed ,and the murmur is louder and accompanied by structural changes but heart failur is not imminent ,which is good as she has to get to the top of Skiddaw next week with me at least four times cos if I can do it so can Daisy Do.

Shock ,deep sadness and lots of other emotions for me but as for now for Daisy she hasn't a clue whats happening she is still my 12 month old Dangerous Daisy and I will do my damnest for her to be so for another 120 months at least as she is going nowhere soon .Thanks for all your support and good wishes it does help and it means a lot and I will tell Daisy what you all said when she wakes up after her zzzzzz and hard day.Thank You .Best Wishes brian

Ps I must say what a marvellous man Simon is he has my very best thanks and utter trust ,we go back in 8 months I couldnt take her any other place.Daisy even went walkies around all their offices for twenty minutes acting the show girl she is and had them all eating out of her little paw .
    Brian M

Post Thanks / Like

Awe...so glad that the report was no medication for now. You both will remain in my prayers.
    *Diane ~ Mom to~
    Wrigley ( Cavalier) Zeb ( Labrador) & Jake ( Labradoodle)