Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Daisy's MVD Check Up

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of mixed emotions for you, I understand. Sorry her heart disease has progressed, but just remember, she is still the same Daisy as she was yesterday and she is still just your same Daisy Do.
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

Post Thanks / Like

Brian, I am so sorry to read this. I have gone through a similar experience with Coco. I have read quite a bit (including Cavalierhealth.org) and have condensed and illustrated the information to help all of us.
    It is frightening and confusing when faced with something like this.

Please have a look at Cavalier Matters website, I hope it will help and comfort you. You are extremely fortunate Daisy is in good hands.

Generally speaking Cardiologists do not prescribe medication until heart failure. Even then our precious little souls can continue have good quality life for quite sometime. It is important to recognise the signs of heart failure. The MVD section is not finished but I hope it will help you. Hugs to Daisy.
    Tania and The Three Cavaliers!
    Dotty!- A Sweet Little Tri
    Molly - Pretty Tri Dougall - Gorgeous Blenheim

Post Thanks / Like

Bri love did you get anywhere with understanding how darlin daisy had gone from a 2 to a 4 as we discussed? im so sorry i couldnt speak for longer & also that i was unable to articulate terribly well,like you my friend i was just shocked, so convinced was i that she was going to be much the same......I should have said my heart goes out to you,knowing how i felt when our cardio told me Ruby had approx a year before HF. You'll remember Bri that when i got outside i ran with Rubes in my arms,away from our friends & even Jels to a quiet spot & wailed for England!Heart broken for her & me, I do remember you did much better than i, on the phone to me that day-you didnt keep just repeating sweary words like i did today!! I hope thats made you laugh anyway!

much more valid is the fact that rubes had a year, 2 1/2 years ago(ish)& like i always say she's going to prove them wrong & now dangerous daisy will prove them all wrong& she will keep you on your toes for a long time yet,God willing. Daisy couldnt be in safer,more loving hands than with you,Dawn & Luke & of course Simons.

Bestest wishes & give her a love from my 2 xx
    Blessed by the love of a Cavalier!
    G & Ruby(ruby girl!)B:04? Ex PF rescue,she came to me in '08 & has SM/MVD & she's a special princess & Jelly Tots(B&T girl)B:20/3/09,a real cuddles cheeky chops & the baby of the family!

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear the news about Daisy. Keeping you guys in my thoughts and prayers.

Post Thanks / Like

Brian I am so sorry to read this about Daisy and understand your feeling about the shock as I felt just the same with Jasper, he was between 7 and 8 when when we found out he had heart problems and it was such a shock I felt that we would lose his so soon, he went on medication at 9 yrs old and inbetween had tests, he is a Grade 6, but with 3 month check ups he has turned 12 years old which I feel is such an acheivement, he went for a check up just this week and is still ok, he loves his walks, he has slowed down at home he sleeps a lot but I feel that is much to do with his age rather than his heart, he can still chase Ollie round the garden to jump on his back, he thinks Ollie is girl, he never gives up on things, he is very stubborn in character which I feel keeps him going, it seems from what you say about Daisy she is also a little character, I am sure you will have her for many years to come.
    Pam

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Brian so sorry to hear this news, knowing how much your girls mean to you I know this news will have hit you hard. Daisy has the best family around and has and always will have everything she needs, and that makes the difference. Dangerous Daisy has not changed and is still the character she always has been. Sending love to you, Dawn, Luke and the girls

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?iabkfk

Post Thanks / Like

You and Daisy are in my prayer! Lots of hugs, and Henry sends kisses!
    ~Shari mom to
    Henry, black and tan 12-07-11

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Brian, I'm so sorry to read about Daisy's diagnosis and I totally feel your pain. We are celebrating Trappers first anniversary of his 'six months' prognosis, so here's hoping that both Trapper and Daisy, along with all the other cav's here continue to defy the odds. He is on vetmedin,frusemide, fortekor and prilactone, cant go for walks anymore, costing me a fortune in vet visits but he is worth every penny. Especially when he does his flying leap up the steps of the deck into the house
    Take care and try not to worry too much
    Shirley
    A comfy lap for
    Trapper - tri boy Feb 2004, Bosco - ruby boy Jan 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi Brian
    Sorry to hear about Daisy.

Medication for heart problems has come such a long way since my first MVD dog was diagnosed.
    I know it is not what you want for her but she can live for many years on the new type of drugs.

Love to you all

Nanette
    HollyDolly

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry to read about your Daisy. I pray that even tho this has progressed..it won't get any worse & she can still live a good quality life. If she needs med.'s..then I hope your Vet finds the right med. for her.
    Dogs know there is something wrong w/ them..but it's only us humans that realize the seriousness. Keep loving on her like you always have.
    Blessings...
    *Diane ~ Mom to~
    Wrigley ( Cavalier) Zeb ( Labrador) & Jake ( Labradoodle)