• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Last stages of SM????

Hi guys,

Just wanted to give you an update on sweet Lily Rose.

She is doing so much better. She has come a long way, but is still not back to where she was. She is still dragging her back leg, and her front leg is still week, but she is not falling like she was. The socks I bought didn't work, and made her slip more, because they keep turning around to where the non skid surface turns to the front instead of under her paw, where it is supposed to be, so we scraped that. She is able to go up and down the stairs again, but still trips coming up a little, but no where near as bad as it was. I'd say from 1-10 she is about a 6 as to being back to where she was. She has 4 pills left, and tomorrow she starts with one every other day. When she is done, we will reevaluate whether she needs to continue on the meds for a while longer.

This may be as good as we get. I am just concerned if she is going to go back to where she was, when we stop the prednisone. If she stays where she is now, I will be thrilled. She is no longer dribbling food from one side of her mouth, and her reflexes, and eye coordination is better. Her personality has come back almost to normal. She is barking again, and acting more like the dog she was. The first week, she was a zombie. The best I can describe it is like a human stroke patient, she couldn't bark, or wouldn't, and her face was pulled a little to one side. That seems to have cleared up considerably.

Thanks for all the good wishes and prayers, I am convinced they helped. Please continue to keep her in your prayers, that we don't get a re-lapse when we stop the meds.

Keeping you & Lily in my thoughts and prayers. I am so relieved for you that she seems to have turned a corner and is doing better.

I'm so glad Lily is doing better. Personally I would see about keeping her on the prednisone. I know it has serious side effects, but for Riley it has kept her alive and functioning for the past four years and for that I will take the side effects. Maybe Lily will do remarkably well on every other day though. I hope so. I'm just glad she's doing so much better.

Sharon: I'm glad she's doing better. I saw the post in regards to a dog with surgery and is now dead. I don't know if you are referring to me/Abbey but if it is me then I wanted to say something. If you weren't referring to me then please ignore this. Abbey was misdiagnosed for 3 years and had neuro damage that was irrepairable as you know. I truly feel we wouldn't have had those 3 years without Abbey having surgery. She did wonderful for 2.5 years after and then started declining and in 6 months after the start of decline we put her down. I'm not pushing surgery but for Abbey it gave us alot more time I believe and so does Dr. Shores.

Hi Sharon! Sorry to hear about Lily. Have you thought about trying Lyrica? Many people have had good success with it. The patent is up on in Oct so hopefully prices will start to go down on it and the generic will become available. Just a thought!

Back