• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Results of owners' questionnaires on pain in CM/SM cavaliers

I think we've had slightly crossed lines here. Karlin has been talking about positive action - and yes, we have plenty of that on this forum and I think it is something we can be proud of. Diane seems to be talking more about positive attitudes towards our dogs - giving them as normal a life as possible, having fun with them and enjoying them, even while we keep more of an eye on them than most dog owners would do. I think all of us with SM dogs try to do this, at the same time as the question is always at the back of our minds 'Is he/she OK? Is there anything I can do to make life more comfortable?' This is something that for the moment we just have to live with, but it shouldn't - and doesn't - stop us enjoying our dogs. On the contrary, knowing your dog has SM or may one day get it makes all the ordinary, normal, fun days much more precious. And who knows, medication and treatment may improve, we may have a DNA test, irresponsible breeders may learn responsibility - and I might see a pink animal with wings fly pass my window!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Thank you Kate !! ...yes... ;) .... :xctly:

..and I sincerely pray researchers find a cure for SM .... we can only hope !

Back