Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My 7 mo old sucks.

Post Thanks / Like

Omg! Thank you so so much for all of that info.

1) I don't expect her recall to be perfect - and I know that some dogs are bolters so you're right, I will have to be more careful. At least I know that now and nothing bad happened, I just had to chase her around. She's just too curious for her own good.

2) Lady does retrieve! She loves it. And I have lots of kong toys for her that we play with. I'm just kidding when I say she loves to destroy things...I appreciate that, like a baby, she does need to teeth. But it is destructive.

3) !!! I had no idea that jogging could be bad for them! If anything, I thought it would keep her in tip top shape, slender and fit...thank you for letting me know! I won't do that anymore then. She just loves sprinting so much. When I take her to the dog park, she literally sprints laps around the perimeter!

4) I will def work harder with her on training and will look into local classes for her. Phew, it's just so exhausting! But I just love her so so much, she is my child. <3
    New mama to Lady - a charming ruby cavalier puppy. I love her more than chocolate.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm guess you do not have any kids, well guess what this is exactly like having one. You love them so much and most of the time raising them is a joy HOWEVER they can still drive you completely crazy too. I think that what Grandmas and babysitters are for........

As the mother of 3, I find myself putting myself in a time-out from time to time LOL

Melissa

Post Thanks / Like

My Lady (although she mostly goes by Lades because she isnt much of a Lady :P) is 5 and a half months old and she is insane, too. Now Im scared for it to get worse in the next few months, I thought she was starting to calm down! She eats EVERYTHING. Not just chewing - full out consuming. The apartment above me throws their cigarettes off the balcony and they blow into ours sometimes, I cant tell you how many times I've had to pry the butts from her mouth - EWW!! Not to mention dangerous. And I have so many toys and things (bully sticks, bones, teething sticks) for her you'd think shed keep herself busy with one of the hundreds of things I've bought her but NO. Its funny because I bring her for 1-2 hour walks, we get in the apartment and she runs frantic circles around the place like shes never been exercised in her life lol! I have now completely puppy proofed the place and do not let her out of my sight. When we arent home she is in the crate. I also find that when she's acting up I put her in her crate with a dentalchew and that calms her down a bit. Not in a punishment way, I dont get mad at her or anything its just sort of a distraction tool I find works for me.

Post Thanks / Like

It gets easier.

Quote Originally Posted by cpell009 View Post
    My Lady (although she mostly goes by Lades because she isnt much of a Lady :P) is 5 and a half months old and she is insane, too. Now Im scared for it to get worse in the next few months, I thought she was starting to calm down! She
    eats EVERYTHING. Not just chewing - full out consuming. The apartment above me throws their cigarettes off the balcony and they blow into ours sometimes, I cant tell you how many times I've had to pry the butts from her mouth - EWW!! Not to mention dangerous. And I have so many toys and things (bully sticks, bones, teething sticks) for her you'd think shed keep herself busy with one of the hundreds of things I've bought her but NO. Its funny because I bring her for 1-2 hour walks, we get in the apartment and she runs frantic circles around the place like shes never been exercised in her life lol! I have now completely puppy proofed the place and do not let her out of my sight. When we arent home she is in the crate. I also find that when she's acting up I put her in her crate with a dentalchew and that calms her down a bit. Not in a punishment way, I dont get mad at her or anything its just sort of a distraction tool I find works for me.