• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Not eating well, my fault???

MomObvious

Hi All,

We are on vacation, 3rd night, Fletcher is not eating hardly anything since we got here. Do you think its because we are away from home? Or the heat? The house has AC. Or_____? He has been drink water and I have been giving him little chunks of chicken or some cool melon, but not a lot. I'm trying not to worry, but if some of you have ever had this trouble in vacation or holiday I would feel better. I have been pretty strict with the leave the bowl in his crate for 20 mins then taking it away, don't want to start free feeding. One of the kids spilled his kibble on the floor this morning and he ate it tho about 1/2 his normal amount.

Thanks,

Melissa

I would guess its just the unfamiliar place.

If I want mine to eat I cook an egg sunny side up, then mix the kibble in so the yolk coats it. It's extremely popular with my two.

I admit to sitting down and fork feeding Rose when she's not big on eating- that usually primes the pump around here ;) , but she gets a little canned mixed with her dry so she'll eat her oatbran. ;) She also will eat her food off the floor before she will eat if from the bowl if she isn't keen on eating. Hope he eats up soon :) ! I agree it's probably just the different surroundings if he's drinking and pottying the same.

I'm sure it's a combination of the change in surroundings and the heat. Are you at your husband's grandmother's place? How did you sort out the 'dog' issue ( hope you don't mind me asking)?

I'm sure it's a combination of the change in surroundings and the heat. Are you at your husband's grandmother's place? How did you sort out the 'dog' issue ( hope you don't mind me asking)?

No and No :) No we are in the Outer Banks, NC enjoying a great beach vacation. And no I don't mind you asking. We are not going to my husband's grandmother's farm this summer. I swear I didn't wish it but my husbands father (grandmother's son) put his foot down about the work she always have planned when we arrive. So we have been ordered to NOT go!!!! Yeah...... I already sent flowers and a nice letter. I told him husband we could flip this on her by inviting her here for Thanksgiving in MY house. I'll make sure my kids run around and the dogs are on the sofa when she arrives :rolleyes:

Melissa

Melissa

Back