• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Someone please give me the skinny on micro-chipping

After having my Sheltie, Sampson, stolen, I was very fast in micro-chipping Bandit. There was just no way I wasn't passing up that opportunity.

We had Bentley chipped last fall when our terminally-ill daughter's Bishon failed to come in one night after pottying. Twenty-four hours later when a very dirty, disoriented & tired Elvis was found we all made the decision to have both of them chipped. It cost $40 each I think. I don't know what we'd do without our Bentley, especially now, and our son-in-law and their kids still have Tracy's bishon to love.

My cavalier is chipped with ResQ. His was done when he got neutered. One of my other dogs is chipped with Home Again. Hers was done right in the pet store. A local organization was doing it, and I took her in there. I just sort of hugged her while they did it so she couldn't look back and see what was going on. I had another dog that we adopted chipped in Petsmart. We adopted him, and they we brought him back a few weeks later when the rescue group was there and had him chipped. Again, we took him down an aisle, I hugged him so he couldn't see what was happening, and she chipped him. She gave him a cookie,and he really had no idea anything had happened.

Back