• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Pippin's check up

pippa

Pippin had a check up yesterday and he is doing ok. My vet feels (from listening) that his heart is stable and the murmur hasn't gotten any worse since last year:)

She said his lungs sound clear too and she will see him again early Oct and will listen and only do scan and ECG if any changes are heard.

I am very pleased over all...otherwise his epilepsy is under control, he has the start of a cataract and some tartar buildup on his teeth (despite Aquadent and daily brushing with logic gel) but the vet will not do a descale as she feels it would be too risky with his heart.

So it's on with the meds 15mg of phenobarbital and 1.25mg of cardisure twice a day.

All in all my little man is doing well enjoying life and in good form.

Sounds good! Just wondering since Pippin is used to getting his teeth brushed maybe the vet could try cleaning them when he's awake. My mother has a dog who is ill and cannot risk being put under but our vet was able to mostly clean her teeth while she was awake only because she is so laid back and the vet would try. I also think it took a few visits. Just saying.

Melissa

Thanks Melissa, the vet said it is not too bad to be worried about it yet and will decide what to do should it get worse in later years, I will continue with the daily dental regime for now...she did mention some wipes that can be got to rub on the teeth to remove plaque but wasn't sure where I would get them..? Think they may be called chlorhexidene?

Back