Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question for the US members

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DZee View Post
    What I couldn't find ( and would want to call them to ask?) is if the premium stated is locked in and will never change according to age or condition.
    Sophie's Pet Plan has renewed a couple of times since I bought it. Each time, there was a small increase. There would have to be, just like health insurance for humans. Costs rise, etc. and return on investments in the market (where our premiums are placed so there's enough money to pay the bills) are not that great in the current economy. I doubt any insurance company would lock in a premium price for life.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waldor View Post
    Sophie's Pet Plan has renewed a couple of times since I bought it. Each time, there was a small increase. There would have to be, just like health insurance for humans. Costs rise, etc. and return on investments in the market (where our premiums are placed so there's enough money to pay the bills) are not that great in the current economy. I doubt any insurance company would lock in a premium price for life.
    I understand...yeah..your'e right. I would hope that they wouldn't double the premium should there be a condition arise they are paying for though.
    Do you have Pet plan as well? Are you happy w/ it? Was there any waiting time ( say a month) before the insurance was effective..or is it effective immediately?
    I have talked with my husband..and from all I have read...thinking this might be the best way to go for us. The saving account was fine..but this sounds better.
    *Diane ~ Mom to~
    Wrigley ( Cavalier) Zeb ( Labrador) & Jake ( Labradoodle)

Post Thanks / Like

Diane, with Pet Plan there is a 24 hour waiting period for accident, a 14 day waiting period for illness and a 6 month waiting period for patella defects.

Quote Originally Posted by DZee View Post
    I understand...yeah..your'e right. I would hope that they wouldn't double the premium should there be a condition arise they are paying for though.
    Do you have Pet plan as well? Are you happy w/ it? Was there any waiting time ( say a month) before the insurance was effective..or is it effective immediately?
    I have talked with my husband..and from all I have read...thinking this might be the best way to go for us. The saving account was fine..but this sounds better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by My Henry Boy View Post
    We haven't gotten Henry any pet insurance as of yet. And I would really like to do that before we need it and are kicking ourselves for not doing it. We had a policy with VPI for our boxer and I was sadly disappointed with the way that they paid.
    What companies do the US folks seem to like and go with. And what deductibles do you have.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Shari... Just wanted to thank you for bringing this insurance question to the forum again. It made my husband and I re-think our decision of changing from just a savings account to actual insurance.
    After reading all the information & ( FAQ's) section of Pet Plan...we signed up for insurance for Wrigley today through them. We chose the Bronze plan..with a $100. deductible..and 90% reimbursement. It looked like it would cover enough for our needs. I am not sure if age is taken into consideration with their quote...(but that question was asked)..and since Wrigley is only 8 mo's...our premium will be only 33.00 @ month.
    Our Vet prefers this insurance..so I feel it has a fairly good reputation for quick results.
    Not that I am ready to place any claim...but if and when I do..hoping there are no problems.
    *Diane ~ Mom to~
    Wrigley ( Cavalier) Zeb ( Labrador) & Jake ( Labradoodle)