• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cavalier Affective State Study

Tania

We took take part in the following study.

The University of Bristol (with the help of Clare Rusbridge) are carrying out a study which measures affective state (mood) in Cavaliers with and without sm. Most of the behavioural tests nearly all involve food.

I put Molly and Dougall forward for this. Molly was rejected for this study because of her other many painful health problems.

Dougall qualifed.

The chap arrived with a car full of equipment, we assisted with unloading his car and setting up the camera and props.

In the meantime, Molly broke into the room and bag where all the treats were and scoffed the lot !

7551917192_af8921ccb2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] :p
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Oliver is doing it next Thursday - I think Sabby is involved too as the Bristol man is coming to me after visiting her in Leicester. If there's food involved I'm sure Oliver will enjoy it (and Aled will miss out because - unlike your clever Molly - he never steals)!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

ROFLOL @ Molly - she may have some health issues but she is a character and we love her to bits!!

medium.jpg

Thank you for taking part in this study - and Kate and Sabby too. Sadly we are too far away but they are keeping our details in case they extend this to Scotland [I did suggest they come up on holiday!]

I will be very interested to hear the results of this, it sounds fascinating.

Yes Harley & Ebony are taking part next Thursday. This is going to be fun as my downstairs is all open plan. I ask my friend to come along to help with the others while one is doing the test as they are so nosey and have to see whats going on.

I think I will email Alaistair again because I don't think he knows about Ebonys other health problems.

Alistair and companion also came to us to test Rufus, but not a great success. My "shy guy" wasn't happy without me in the room and just wanted to sit next to me when I was with him.

I thought the lure of cheese and beef would be enough to encourage participation but sadly no - he was just confused about what he was supposed to be doing. Rufus is none to keen on eating out of unknown dishes either! He looked much relieved when the tests were abandoned and everybody went home. Oh well, worth a try.

In the meantime, Molly broke into the room and bag where all the treats were and scoffed the lot !

I'm so sorry that Molly did not qualify for the study, but please give her a big hug from me because her antics gave me a true laugh out loud.

Back