• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Shoo! TAGS

ashleighelizabeth

Has anyone ever used Shoo! TAGS or heard of them for fleas or ticks? I struggle with what to use for tick protection for Sonny since we can't use Advantix because we have a cat and it's toxic to cats.

Shoo! TAGS supposedly are a non toxic chemical free way of protecting your dog. We frequently go to a pet store which is very into natural and homeopathic approaches with animals. They also kind of frown on you if you don't feed raw, but I always ignore that. The lady was telling me that these Shoo! TAGS work by sending out a magnetic frequency that creates a barrier around the dog. AFter you purchase the tag you have to register it online and then that activates the magnetic frequency to start working.

Anyways I was a little skeptical even though she seemed to really believe in the product and they usually don't try to up sell me there, so I was just wondering if anyone has had any luck or knows much about these little tags.

Thanks for any information! I'm really just curious!

I saw them in the store and wondered that myself. I'll be interested to see what responses people have.

We sell them at the small animal naturopath clinic I work at...I would say we have gotten mixed results. What they are not as strong on is Ticks. We have started recommending a new one and stopped selling ShooTag because of the feedback we got. The one we use now is called the Mighty Tick Off or SKUDO...not sure if these are available in your country (Im in Australia), but we have had much greater feedback with these. We also use in conjunction with Dr. Ben's Paws and Claws cedar oil - this repels and kills fleas, ticks mites etc. On contact. It it pretty cool stuff!!!! It is antibacterial and great for the skin and 100% natural for everyone too, you can use it on your cats it you want as well...it is just 100% cedar oil. We import it from the US, so just try to Goggle it for a place to buy :) I also used it to clear up a skin yeast infection on Brooky and it worked easily. Amazing stuff - harder to locate and get here in OZ, but if you have it near you, I think everyone should have some on hand. Soothes dermatitis and itchy skin too. An if you see a flea, jut spray and it literally just falls over dead (cedar induced a suicide response in ticks and fleas...when they sense the smell, they close their breathing abilities so as not to inhale it, thus dying instantly - without chemical. Beauty.

That is just my opinion :) but it works for us.

Also, if fleas are bad and natural ways are just not breaking through the issue, we recommend something like Comfortis (spinosad). It is safer than topical flea treatments as it does not putting nuro toxins onto the skin, but since the dog ingests it, it is safe around kids/cats/etc. It does not cover ticks however (though it works seriously good on fleas) and even though it is safe on others because it is ingested, it does still contain chemicals for your dog (if you are looking for 100% natural this is not).

:)

Thanks for all of this great information! :) I will definitely try the Dr. Ben's Paws and Claws cedar oil. I actually think the pet store I go to had some kind of cedar oil, so maybe it is the same one. Also good to know about some people's feedback to the Shoo tags.

My son has pretty bad eczema, so I can't use chemical bug sprays on him. I went to a homeopathic store on line to search for something that would work on my kid. We tried those clip on fan thingy that sucked. I was able to buy these gentle for people with sensitive skin problems stickers to put his clothes. I don't even know the name but they are great. I do put them on the back of my son's shirt so he doesn't know its there. But no more bug bites and flare up due to harsh products. HMMMMmmm does cedar oil work on people to sooth skin? I hate treating my son's eczema with a steroid cream, but its the only thing that works on his bad shots and he itches and itches so bad with a flare up he can hardly sleep. We have tried several different products, his derm says we need to find the "right" mix of products that works for "him" and even that will change. There is not allergy testing for eczema, the triggers cam be so many things or combo of things.

Melissa

Back