Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 105

Thread: Daisy's SM

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,472
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What good news! So glad to hear this!
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

    BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Prenton Cheshire
    Posts
    4,716
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Hi

    Thanks all for your kind comments ,my Daisy remain a scartch free zone but her snoring has gone up three notches is this a counter balance I wonder .

    My Dawn reported another severe nose bleed this morning which tells me she is still losing blood from her tummy ,we ggo back on Thurs pm to her consultant
    to see where we go from here .
    Brian M

    Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Prenton Cheshire
    Posts
    4,716
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Hi

    Dawns been to her consultant and she has her sedated Colonoscophy on the 3rd Nov and starting tomorrow a course of six Vit B12 injections one every other day then one every three months till whenever .Onward we go .

    We also take Daisy tomorrow to her Neuro and Surgeon at Chestergates for a look at her lump and how to sugically remove it and a check up on her SM medication .
    Brian M

    Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Hatfield, Herts, UK
    Posts
    2,745
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default

    I hope the injections helps Dawn feel stronger. The sooner she gets that colonoscopy done the better.

    Fingers are crossed that Daisy gets sorted out soon.
    Margaret C

    Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Prenton Cheshire
    Posts
    4,716
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Hi
    We went to see Daisy's Neuro today and she is pleased with her progress and we leave her as she is and return in 3 months . After Ulrike we saw Francois the soft tissue
    expert ,he spoke and asked questions about Daisy for a good 30 mins before a very thorough all over medical .He advised me about all the types of lumps and the problems
    faced with her Grade 4 murmur if we proceed with surgery under a very carefully monitored GA ,he then proceeded to do a needle aspiration and to ring me tomorrow with the results .I think whatever the result, but hope its just something like a sebaceous cyst and not anything that begins with a c we will remove as if it continues over time getting larger and Daisy's murmur gets worse we will have a bigger problem so we decided now is the time for removal and as I say if its sebaceous or fatty we remove a small amount of tissue if its more serious we remove a larger amount of tissue but I don't want the risk of not operating now as it is .The appointed day is Friday ,any thoghts please .
    I do so pray my decision is the right one pls

    thks

    brian
    Brian M

    Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,472
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hi Brian,

    Any decision you make for Daisy will be the right one. I know all your decisions about the health and welfare of your girls are made with great thought, research and consideration to their well being. I know you are worried, but do not doubt yourself.

    So glad Daisy's Neuro appointment went well. I will keep my fingers crossed for a good outcome on the biopsy. Let us know tomorrow when you hear the results.
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

    BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Dorset, UK
    Posts
    1,177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think you are very right in your decision for Daisy to if necessary have a removal, as you say the problem will only getter worse if the murmur gets worse, as she gets older as there is always a risk with a GA. This is the reason why we cancelled Jasper`s pet insurance a year ago and just save the money for his medication, as we know with a 12 year old dog with a grade 6 murmur, he could never have an operation, but luckily he is jogging on quite nicely on a day to day basis. Hope all goes well with Daisy.
    Pam

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Prenton Cheshire
    Posts
    4,716
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Hi
    Daisy's Bump
    Francois the soft tissue surgeon just phoned the lump is not cancerous ,Thank Heavens ,he told me the type of lump it was but I couldn't get my head around his French accent and my O Level german/latin is no help .We operate on Friday at 10.30 morning he will remove an area about 25 mm in diameter of soft tissue, Daisy will be under just enough anaesthetic to knock her out and depending on Dangerous Daisy's recovery she may come home Friday night or latest saturday morning ,Francois also said that because of the type of lump it is it probably would continue growing but would he not expect it to return after removal.Francois has also worked with the one and only Simon Swift and that because of Daisy's Grade 4 heart murmur he will have the head of anaesthesia present and his main areas of interest are cardio-respiratory emergencies, neuroanaesthesia .I hope my decision is the right on
    Brian M

    Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    co durham england
    Posts
    785
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    hi
    i will be thinking about daisy on friday and hope everything goes alright for her
    give daisy a big kiss and cuddle from louie and his mum

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Southern California - Orange County
    Posts
    78
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Hi
    I hope my decision is the right on
    Brian,
    It is the right decision. Good luck on Fri and speedy recovery.
    Kitty

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •