Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Daisy's SM

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Fingers and paws crossed!
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Sending good thoughts and keeping everything crossed.
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi

Dropped Daisy off and came away with a smile .Simon is a wonderful man the more I see him the more impressed I am ,his knowledge ,his attititude and his caring nature is 10/10 .Daisy is
    still there I go back 1t 3.30 she is having her echo,electro,doppler and x rays as well but he is happy she has not entered CHF and there is really no change from last time in July .Her breathing rate is 14
    a minute while 30 is the danger, number her heartbeat is about 95 but will know a lot more when I go back .He says the breathing rate is now considered the critical marker that points to poss CHF ,
    I metioned her slight cough and he was not too concerned as a cough could be an indication of many things.She strolled into his room let him fuss over her and check her heart then promptly lie down
    fell asleep and was snoring away .I shall post when I come back but what a wonderful day far far better than I expected .Rock On My Little Daisy .
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That's great news, all around, Brian. It is comforting that he is the one advising the cavalier club on MVD in the breed. Breaths per minute and comparing x-rays, as non-cutting edge as they may seem, are the "coin of the realm" as far as judging CHF these days. Dr. Mark Oyama has stated recently that even echos are not as important for diagnosing MVD as are the breaths and x-rays.
    Rod Russell

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi
    The day is over and it turned out far better than I thought .Simon in his report said "Daisy was bright and responsive though her heart disease has continued to progress although the
    rate of progression is much slower .Although her heart is enlarged heart failure does not appear to be imminent .In dogs with heart enlargement the average time to heart failure was
    about thirty months . Please continue with the low salt diet and Omega 3 fatty acid supplementation .I suggest we review in six months ."

Daisy is 6 next month so with a further 2 1/2 years before CHF then say a further 2 years on heart meds my fingers are crossed that she will be hanging on in at 10 1/2 years of age I HOPE.

Thanks All For Your Support

Brian
    Brian M

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Daisy is 6 next month so with a further 2 1/2 years before CHF then say a further 2 years on heart meds my fingers are crossed that she will be hanging on in at 10 1/2 years of age I HOPE.

Brian
    I HOPE too!

So glad you got a good report. That is really the very best Christmas gift!
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So glad for you, and Daisy of course. I met and talked with Simon Swift once a couple of years ago and was very impressed. He seems a very caring and competent man, so I think you are right to have every confidence in him. 10 1/2 would be very good for our Daisy. Give her an extra hug from me please.
    Warmest wishes
    Flo & the ByFloSin Cavaliers
    Rebel, Winston Alexander,Little Joe & Holly Poppet
    Birmingham, UK

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Glad the report was that she is doing pretty well and thanks to you and also Rod for the useful info on breaths/xrays...
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi

" Daisy " is a star she has made my day again .We went her back to C/Gates for a further check up with ULrike at 5.30 tonight .Our normal routine is to sit on of the big sofa's and when Ulrike appears I take Daisy's lead off Daisy so Ulrike can watch her as she wanders after us or decides to meander off behind the reception desk, and when we finally reached the consultation room Ulrike said " What have you been doing to Daisy " my response nervously was why ,Ulrike replied " Daisy she seems so much brighter and better than last month she is more relaxed and panting nothing like as much as she was before .So a great evening appointment and we go back in three months for a further check and bloods .After a physical check all over she even said her neck pain had virtually disappeared .These little dogs of ours never cease to amaze .

Ps As I try and type while sitting on the bed madam has her favourite toy and is bouncing up and down like mad trying to make lots more little Daisy's for Dad and its bxxxxxx hard to type,the little horror
    Brian M

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Great to hear that, Brian!
    Karlin