Thread: Trapper has been painting

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trapper has been painting

Well it's more like he has been using his face as a paint brush - we have been doing some painting at home, and managed to keep Trapper and Bosco away, but somehow Trapper managed to escape and rub his face on our bright red door, so he now looks like he has been gorging himself on a dead animal

It's gloss paint,so won't wash off. We would normally use something like white spirits to clean the paint off our own skin, but I'm not sure if that would be a good idea for a dog, especially as the paint is on the side of his muzzle between his nose and his mouth.
    Do you think I should just let it wear away naturally, or is there something else I can do -safely- to remove the paint?
    Shirley
    A comfy lap for
    Trapper - tri boy Feb 2004, Bosco - ruby boy Jan 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Hummmmmmm, paint the other side to match?
    Chuck, Cooper and Nina
    Shelter dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human, we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. Do not pity a shelter dog. Adopt one.

Post Thanks / Like

Lol!!
    Shirley
    A comfy lap for

Post Thanks / Like

Awe...hahaha....Vincent Van Dog-h!!
    I honestly don't know what you could use to remove it "safely". It is so close to his sweet little eyes I would be afraid of anything harsh. Could call the Vet and ask them.
    *Diane ~ Mom to~
    Wrigley ( Cavalier) Zeb ( Labrador) & Jake ( Labradoodle)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

He obviously decided to go one up on everyone else and become a QUAD COLOUR!!

It's amazing how they seem to be into all sorts of mischief

I found this:

Work salad oil, petroleum jelly, or even peanut butter into the fur with your fingers to break down clumps of paint and then try pulling the paint out with your fingers. Remove excess oil with a paper towel.

Wash your pet with dog or baby shampoo after removing the paint. This will remove any residue paint and oils from the fur to reduce irritation.

Repeat as needed. If the paint is difficult to get out, as the fur begins to separate, the paint will loosen, but you will needed to repeat these steps until all paint has been removed to prevent your pet from trying to clean the paint themselves and ingesting it.

Remove the piece of fur by shaving or trimming it off with scissors if the paint will not come out.

Contact your veterinarian immediately if your dog has a reaction to the paint, has ingested paint, or if the paint covers sensitive parts of their body such as their eyes or inside their ears.

***Never use acetone, paint thinner, paint remover, or other chemicals as they can cause permanent liver and kidney damage and are extremely harmful to animals.***

Difficult to cut with it being on his face and I think he would remove the peanut butter as fast as you could get it on!! I would go for vegetable oil or similar personally. Afterwards wash with a no tears formula baby shampoo in case it goes in his eyes
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

HAHAHA! My dog did the same thing when we were painting our living room. Only he got the paint on his back. We just left it and eventually it came off on its own.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all that info Nicki. Most of the paint has disappeared now without me needing to use anything on it , there's just a touch of red left -enough to make it look like he's bleeding
    But he's ok!!
    Shirley
    A comfy lap for

Post Thanks / Like

hahaha i thoguht this was going to be a topic where trapper had actually painted you a pciture. (youve seen elephants do it!) how awesome would that be to hang on the wall 'yup my dog painted it..beautiful hey?"

thats so funny though so cute.
    Oliver and Max and Meeko man, i will meet you at the Rainbow bridge. I love you all. Miss you more then you'll ever know.
    wait for me...
    Chelsea