Thread: Pet First Aid Kits

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Pet First Aid Kits

I have an AKC emergency first aid kit but I was wondering what people think would be good to always have on hand in case of sickness or emergency. I know the best thing to do is to call a vet or poison hotline if something was digested etc. but I am open to ideas of things that maybe every pet owner might want or have. I am glad I have rescue remedy on hand but maybe other things to help with upset stomachs etc.

Any ideas?
    Anne Proud mother of Elton 5 and Angel Ella

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a pet first aid kit but I do own 2 well stocked regular first aid kits (I keep one on my car). I keep bandages of all sizes, gauze, tape, gloves, tweezers, creams for bug bites, burns, and boo boo cleaning. I even have a few of those cold pack things too. I also travel with all kinds of "just in case" things. Hey I'm a Mommy. But the one and only "pet" emergency thing I MUST have in the house is cornstarch. Yep cornstarch if you mix it with a little water and make a paste it stopped the bleeding when you clip one of those toe nails too short. Oops I have done it even tho I try so so so hard to be careful. I also keep canned pumpkin in the house for those puppy tummy moments.
    Melissa
    "If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life."
    -Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hello Annie

I have two I put together in the car so will have a look and see what's in them.
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T