• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Puppy Colour!!!!

KimberleyMikado

I just visited my pup for the first time and he is gorgeous, a little chunky monkey i could kiss all day long. He's a tri-colour, his mother is a blenheim and father a tri but the white on his face is a good bit discoloured like a faded brown rusty colour. Is this just a puppy thing or will he always have that.. Its not a mark or anything just a funny off colour. He's almost four weeks...

Congrats on your new little one! My puppy, Sonny also had a Blenheim Mom and a Tri Dad and he is a tri color. I'm not sure about the color on your little one's face. Sonny's markings and coloring on his face have stayed pretty much the same except that his white blaze on the top of his head has almost disappeared. His markings on his back have changed a bit. He used to have more white, but the black has filled in a few of the white parts. Not sure about the discoloration on your pup and if this changes, but I'm sure your little guy is adorable! I can't wait to see pictures. :)

No he will darken with age. Plus you have to remember at 4 weeks old your pup spends a lot of time nursing that could also "discolor" his little face. Fletcher's marking are gorgeous now but when I was sent pictures of the little at 6 weeks old he wasn't the "cutest" pup. He was white a nice deep reddish brown on his ears but a whole mix of every shade in between. Do you have a name picked out yet? Personally, I think (from the pictures you posted) that he is super cute.

Melissa

Hi Ashleighelizabeth, here's a pic of him, you cant really notice the colouring in this pic. I wish i could have taken him home today.. he's just too cute. It will be hilarious when i introduce my 5 yr old to him :)

476b119c.jpg

That's what i was thinking Melissa. It could be that he's so young and he's still nursing. Not that i care though he's adorable, i was just wondering because none of the puppy pictures i googled had the discolouration on them.

Oh my goodness, he is SOOOOOOOOO adorable! I LOVE him! His paws look huge in this picture! I look forward to seeing more pictures when you get to bring him home! I agree with Melissa that the discoloration on the white could definitely be from nursing. And I know the red/brown color on Blenheims gets darker as they age, but I didn't notice a change in the brown markings on Sonny change, color wise they seemed to stay the same, but it probably depends on each pup!

Oh I want him I want him I want him! Chunky monkey would be an excellent name for him.... I can smell the puppy breath. :)

He's the biggest one (that's not why we picked him though) i was just drawn to him... he's a big pudding, while his brother and sister slept he was crawling all over them and crying for food, bless him. I know his paws are huge, i noticed that looking back on the photo's, he'll be 4 weeks tomorrow. I have to wait 27 days till i get him aahhh :cry*ing:although i'm picking him up on my Birthday, so i can celebrate his 'gotcha day' and my birthday on d same day haha!!!!!!

My cavalier is black and tan, and when he was a baby, he had white in the area on his chest and chin that should have been tan, and some on some of his feet. It has darkened quite a bit, and he doesn't really have white on his chest anymore. It's not really as dark as it should be, but it's no longer as light as when I got him.

Puppies can get quite filthy, and it's not recommended to bathe them often, so I would guess his white is just fine underneath some dirt.

The discolouration may be staining due to nursing or his mother cleaning him a little too enthusiastically. If so it will fade.

Back