• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My darling ruby has gone x

rosemary

Not been on here for a while... My beautiful girl Ruby had to go to sleep on Thursday 19th July... I have not stopped crying since then. I feel so lost without her... Her heart was going very fast and I knew it was time.... I stayed with her while they put her to sleep and was whispering in her ear how much i loved her and what a special girl she was..... It was horrible... Although she went peacefully so at least that was good. I feel like my heart is about to break but I know eventually the pain will ease.... Every where I go I feel like her little feet are still following me.....She used to wherever I went... I went in the garden yesterday and there was a bright yellow feather near the back door.... I do not know where it came from but I have heard that feathers mean angels but i only have heard about white feathers.... Anyone heard of this before.... Maybe just a bird but never heard of a bright yellow one.... I like to think maybe Ruby sent it down......

Feel like my heart is being ripped out at the moment....

Thank you... Rose:cry*ing:

I believe they are able to let us know they are okay after their passing. When my sunshine died, the very next morning there was the most big and beautiful rainbow in the sky. Hugs to you.

Thats heart breaking. So sorry for you. I think maybe the feather was an "I love you" message from Ruby.

Mel

X

So very sorry to hear about Ruby's passing, I think she was only 8?

They do break your heart when they leave, but in time you will start to feel a bit better and remember the happy days. Ruby was fortunate to always be loved and cared for, and you did your best to look after her during her illness.

I,am so sorry to hear about your darling ruby, i have a cav called ruby too, and absolutely yes!!! of course the feather was ruby letting you know, she,s at the rainbow bridge:hug:

I'm so sorry; it is so difficult at first but does gradually get easier as Nicki says, and the good memories will help bring peace. I believe it will help you that you were there with Ruby too, to let her go -- it seems so hard, but is very consoling. :flwr:

So sorry to hear about your Ruby. Always hard to lose a pet...they take a little of our heart with them.
She knows how much she was loved and will be waiting for you at the rainbow bridge.
~hugs~

Thank you all so very much for all your kind words... It has comforted me..... I am not going to get another dog at the moment but will wait and see in maybe 6 months how i feel..... Yes Ruby was only 8 yrs old.... I was going to post a picture of her but dont know how.... I will have a try.... Thank you all again xxx

Rose and Ruby xxx

I am so sorry you have lost your little girl.

My wish has always been that the last face my dogs see before they die is my face, and the last voice they hear is mine. Sometimes it is not possible but I think most of us would hope to be there to help them feel safe and to ease their passing.

You gave that to Ruby. She died much too young but she died knowing she was loved.

RIP Ruby

hi
so sorry to hear about your darling ruby
your heart must be breaking
as time goes by your tears will stop but the memories will live on

I'm so sorry to hear about Ruby. May it be a comfort to you that she was able to be with you when she parted this earth, hearing your whispers and feeling your love.

I'd like to think the feather was God's way of letting you know that Ruby is fine......don't know why, but I picture your feather a golden.....

My heart goes out to you in your loss.

Last edited:
Back