Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Guess who has a new addition to the family!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Guess who has a new addition to the family!!

Meet Toby He is a 6 year old rescue that we just adopted!! Well, we were fostering him, but soon realised that he had lots of health issues, some mental issues (he has quite a tragic background) and I just felt, no one would want to adopt him with all the medical investment required or they might not know how to handle his "special needs", but I know we can handle it and Brooky is SUCH a comfort to him, is teaching him so much and has even taught him how to play with his first toy. At the end of the day, I know he needs Brooky and finds such comfort in her, she is his rock...so he is staying!

He got a bunch of teeth pulled yesterday which were rotted and infected and his K9's were completely worn down from years of cage chewing. He is deaf, but Brooky always goes and gets him when I ask and he has grade three luxating patella's and will need those operated on in the next 6 months. He is also deathly afraid of crates and baby gates, but seems okay if Brooky is near and we have covered the baby gate with a blanket and even though Brooky is crate trained and loves her crate, we removed those and that fixed his fright. He sleeps a lot and seems older than his years, but we are slowly bringing him around. We have already got him down 3 kg!! He is a health weight now with no heart murmur either

Welcome home Toby!

Post Thanks / Like

Here's another pic They really love each other and it happened on day one, which just amazes me...

Post Thanks / Like

Blessings on little Toby and you for taking care of him. What a sweet face he has. It's nice to know he has a new best friend and a cushy life in front of him.

Post Thanks / Like

Aw, congrats to you all!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my goodness, he is precious. And you are both dolls for taking care of his long list of needs.

Thanks for sharing this news, I LOVE good news. And LOVE the pictures!
    Cindy and Claire
    Claire was born on Feb7, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

What a beautiful picture of both of them. You sure are taking on a lot, but I'm sure with your love and support, he will thrive and be a wonderful and loving companion. Keep us posted on his progress.
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

Post Thanks / Like

Toby deserves you guys, so glad you failed at fostering him Brooklyn sounds like the best sister EVER!!!!! and they are so cute together.

Melissa

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

He is a STAR and so are you .
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful! Sounds like this story ended like a fairy tale!
    ~Shari mom to
    Henry, black and tan 12-07-11

Post Thanks / Like

Wow...Toby's luck changed when he fell in to your life. It sounds like the poor little guy has had such a sad start thank heavens he's now yours.
    It will be interesting to hear how he will now blossom and become what every cavalier hould be.

Well done to you and Brooky.

Mel X
    Mel
    Momma to Leonardo (Leo to his friends)