Thread: Cinders

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cinders

1.9.99 to 1.8.2012

My darling girl was given her wings today. She was one month off of being 13 years of age - a great age for a "puppy farm" dog. She was a wonderful companion and taught me so much about dogs and was the reason I became a trainer. She flew off with a cornbeef and cheese feast.

On Saturday night she lost the use of one of her back legs and the partial use of the other one. She was unable to walk unaided, although she never lost her appetite or any other function it was clear she was in pain. Under the direction of my vet she was kept comfortable and pain free.

Today she went to the Cavalier Collection Scheme and I have now heard that she will make a valuable contribution to research. She was MRI'd first and it has showed that she did not have Syringomyelia but just the tiniest bit of central canal dilation. However, the MRI did show that she had 3 slipped discs. It is a fantastic legacy that my darling girl has given to the Cavalier world and has given a meaning to her life and to the difficult period leading up to today. I would also like to take the opportunity to thank everyone at Stone Lion for taking such good care of Cinders and making our parting dignified and peaceful.

RIP my darling girl till we meet at the Rainbow Bridge,I know you will be running around chasing the birds and foxes, happy and free from pain.
    Last edited by Sandrac; 1st August 2012 at 10:53 PM.
    Sandra
    Minnie-May (6yrs) & Rosie the Rescue (approx 6 yrs)
    My Darling Cinders and Lady Jane waiting at the Bridge

Post Thanks / Like

Sandra, I am so sorry that you have lost your beautiful Cinders. To have had her for so long is a testament of your love and devotion to her. With her participation in the Cavalier Collection Scheme, her memory and legacy will live on. What a wonderful thing for you to do at such a time of sorrow.

RIP sweet Cinders.
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Red Headed Baby Girl
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

Post Thanks / Like

Dear sandra, i,am so upset to hear about your beautiful cinders, what a wonderful thing you have done!!!! Its something i have thought about too,when the time comes, my thoughts are with you at this very sad time,God bless you all,Karen,Ruby and Sadie

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thank you to a wonderful and caring owner.
    Your precious old lady has given all other cavaliers a chance of a healthier future.
    RIP Cinders.
    Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry you have lost Cinders, Sandra, but well done for ensuring that even in death she is living to the full. Oliver's all signed up too, though I hope I'll have him for a few more years yet.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Post Thanks / Like

What a great age she made. I'm so sorry Sandra. Oliver is 11 and I dread the day when he gets his wings. Rest in peace Cinders and run free!
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)