• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cinders

Sandrac

P5310014a.jpg

1.9.99 to 1.8.2012

My darling girl was given her wings today. She was one month off of being 13 years of age - a great age for a "puppy farm" dog. She was a wonderful companion and taught me so much about dogs and was the reason I became a trainer. She flew off with a cornbeef and cheese feast.

On Saturday night she lost the use of one of her back legs and the partial use of the other one. She was unable to walk unaided, although she never lost her appetite or any other function it was clear she was in pain. Under the direction of my vet she was kept comfortable and pain free.

Today she went to the Cavalier Collection Scheme and I have now heard that she will make a valuable contribution to research. She was MRI'd first and it has showed that she did not have Syringomyelia but just the tiniest bit of central canal dilation. However, the MRI did show that she had 3 slipped discs. It is a fantastic legacy that my darling girl has given to the Cavalier world and has given a meaning to her life and to the difficult period leading up to today. I would also like to take the opportunity to thank everyone at Stone Lion for taking such good care of Cinders and making our parting dignified and peaceful.

RIP my darling girl till we meet at the Rainbow Bridge,I know you will be running around chasing the birds and foxes, happy and free from pain.

Last edited:
Sandra, I am so sorry that you have lost your beautiful Cinders. To have had her for so long is a testament of your love and devotion to her. With her participation in the Cavalier Collection Scheme, her memory and legacy will live on. What a wonderful thing for you to do at such a time of sorrow.

RIP sweet Cinders. *ng*l

Dear sandra, i,am so upset to hear about your beautiful cinders, what a wonderful thing you have done!!!! Its something i have thought about too,when the time comes, my thoughts are with you at this very sad time,God bless you all,Karen,Ruby and Sadie *ng*l

Thank you to a wonderful and caring owner.
Your precious old lady has given all other cavaliers a chance of a healthier future.
RIP Cinders.

So sorry you have lost Cinders, Sandra, but well done for ensuring that even in death she is living to the full. Oliver's all signed up too, though I hope I'll have him for a few more years yet.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

What a great age she made. I'm so sorry Sandra. Oliver is 11 and I dread the day when he gets his wings. Rest in peace Cinders and run free!

I'm so sorry, but how blessed to have had her as long as you did! I know it doesn't make you not yearn for just little more time though (((hugs)))...

Thank you for letting Cinders help the future of our beautiful Cavaliers and bless her for being such a brave little girl.

I'm so sorry Sandra, Cinders was a beautiful girl and very precious, she had a wonderful long life with you where she was much loved and treasured, I hope that will be a comfort to you.

Bless you for putting her through the Collection Scheme, I know that is very hard at the time, but to me it felt though that their loss was not in vain, they had contributed something to our beloved breed. Cinders contribution is extra valuable due to her not having any syrinxes.

Thinking of you at this sad time.

I think we can all be very proud how this forum and its members have played an important part in gradually making research initiatives like this possible.

Cinder's MRI was funded by Rupert's Fund, the enormously successful scheme started by Karlin and Nicki and the Cavalier Collection, run by Tania and myself, will pay the other costs involved in collecting these invaluable tissue samples.

Tania's CavalierMatters Charity stall and internet shop, both so well supported by members here, raises money for both schemes.

I'm so sorry about your great loss. :( At such a sad time, it is wonderful to know that Cinders was able to be part of the Cavalier Collection scheme --at a time of loss it is a comfort I think (and found myself) to know one of our dogs will be of help to the breed as a whole and to other dogs and even human research into a range of conditions. It must have been uplifting too, to get the result of her MRI. As time heals the immediate pain, I found these things became a very special part of my dog's life and history and memory and a point of pride. :flwr:

My deepest condolences to you and your family at this time. 13 years is a long life, especially for a puppy farm dog. It is a testament to the care that you gave her in her lifetime. Thank you also for your contribution to the breed. Hopefully someday 13 years and longer will be the norm for our wonderful breed. Cinders was a beautiful dog.

I would like to give a mention to an aquaintence i met briefly, through a work colleague, she owned a cavalier called dillion and her name is Pat, can,t remember which part of the uk she is from, she and her husband were devoted to their cavie just like all of us, i,am not even sure if she is aware of this site, or if she is a member. When we met we discussed the issues of cm/sm, and she told me earier in the year, that dillion had recently been diagnosed, and was on medication, and was doing fantastically well, he was 6 years old, she encouraged me to pursue with the mri, which i did and cm/sm,psom was confirmed. Today her sister who i work with told me dillion had passed away, i believe within the last couple of days, he very suddenley became unwell, and had a seizure, they believe it was connected to the cm/sm. I was very shocked when i heard this news, i just would like to send my deepest condolences and my thoughts are with you and your husband at this terrible time, i know just how much dillion meant to you. god bless you both, and be at peace now dear sweet dillion. You were loved so much. Run free with your friends at the rainbow bridge. Karen,Ruby and Sadie *ng*l

Back