Thread: Which pet insurance is the best?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Which pet insurance is the best?

Hi all,

as i am on this board, i am getting a cav king charles puppy. It will be 8 weeks old when we get it.

What pet insurance can you reccomend, that does not cost the earth

He will not be chipped when we get him, but we do plan on getting him chipped after a month or so.

Many thanks

Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Someone shared this with me when I first joined CT and it is a great link to compare all of the different insurances.

http://www.pet-insurance-university.com/

I ended up going with Pet plan because it seems like they had extensive coverage for hereditary problems and congenital defects; however it sounds like Trupanion is really good too!

Oh and I guess it depends where you live. I live in the United States, so I think the different insurances vary a bit depending on which country you live in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It really depends where you are - are you in the UK, UK, Ireland, Europe, etc?

I also have Pet Plan. It has been okay for me but premiums still go up every year. I do like that they pay for my dogs' dentals (after I've met my deductible). I've heard really good things about Trupanion as well. MY dogs are 5 and 6, but if I had a puppy I might look into Trupanion.
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This thread may be helpful too http://www.cavaliertalk.com/forums/s...654#post366654

It is very sensible taking out insurance as soon as you collect your puppy. Sometimes they come with free insurance for a few weeks, but if something occurs in that time that will be lifelong or possibly recur, then you are either tied in to that company or if you go elsewhere, that condition will not be covered.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org