• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Heart murmur at 6 months??

xoxHannaHxox

Just been to the vet as Charlie is being sick and been given 2 meds. 1 to reduce acid in his stomach and another to line it.

After the consultation I asked how his heart sounded just out of interest and he said he has a slight murmur "it's on his record, did you not know?"

I knew what I was getting myself into after everything with Harry but Harry's murmur was detected around age 5. I was stunned to hear this had happened so soon and walked back from the vets in bits. I can't believe they didn't tell me when I took him in a month ago. He said some puppies have it and it goes away or it could just be his heartbeat sounding abnormal as he becomes excited/stressed when being examined.

Please any reassurance or advice? :(

... After the consultation I asked how his heart sounded just out of interest and he said he has a slight murmur "it's on his record, did you not know?"

I knew what I was getting myself into after everything with Harry but Harry's murmur was detected around age 5. I was stunned to hear this had happened so soon and walked back from the vets in bits. I can't believe they didn't tell me when I took him in a month ago. He said some puppies have it and it goes away or it could just be his heartbeat sounding abnormal as he becomes excited/stressed when being examined.

Please any reassurance or advice? :(

MVD murmurs are rare under age 12 months, but not unheard of. But, puppies tend more often to have what are called "innocent, flow murmurs". They are low-grade murmurs which are due to the growing process and decrease as the heart matures and are not associated with MVD.

Since your vet did not seem to take the murmur too seriously, and he made that comment about it going away, I would not yet be concerned that Charlie has MVD.

Back