• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Pippa nurofen

brid kenny

I let a nurofen fall on the ground and I think pippa ate it. 200 mg nurofen express. Should I be worried?

Not sure what the medication is, but I would call your vet and ask advice. You may just have to watch for side effects. Better safe than sorry. Let us know how Pippa is.

YES!!!!! Nurofen is Ibuprofen, and it is poisonous to dogs. 200 mg does not sound like a lot but cavalier's are little. Call your vet as soon as possible! I do not mean to panic you but just call your vet or ER vet nearest you.

Please let us know what happens I hope Pippa is alright.

Hi Brid,
You really do need to contact your vet about this.Ibuprofen is very toxic to dogs and doses of 200 mg for a dog under 10 kg can cause severe stomach problems,bleeding,ulceration or even kidney problems.If you can get her to a vet,they can administer charcoal or try to get her to vomit it up..effects of the ibuprofen may not be immediate.If she were mine I would call a vet straight away,if only for advice and peace of mind...
Sins

How is Pippa doing Brid, did you manage to get her to the vets?

Yes anything like this at the very least needs a phone call to check with the vet - and Sins is right about the treatment which can be life saving.

She is fine at the minute. Will ring vet in the morning. All closed over weekend. Typical that it happens on a Saturday night!

This question is a little off topic not really tho. When I owned a childcare center we were required to keep activated charcoal and a dosing chart guidelines. I still have it its in my locked med cabinet, wonder if that is the same stuff that vets use. Maybe its not such a bad idea to keep that around. It does not expire for a year or so..... If I ever have to call the Pet Poison number I might want to remember that. I do live like less than 3 mins drive to an excellent 24/7 ER vet clinic (the only one within a 50 miles)

Back