• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

UPDATE!! Kayleigh - screaming episode

Oh no Nicki, what a difficult time for you. If only this air pressure would settle down!

Hopefully the steroids will start to have a positive effect on her soon. It must be so hard to keep your chin up, but keep thinking positive thoughts, I'm sure Kayleigh will get through this and bounce back soon.

Both times Misty has started new steroid course she developed urine infections soon after, that needed treated(coincidence?).

Thank you both - and for the lovely PM Joyce

Paula that is interesting - although poor Misty that's not very pleasant. - one of the side effects of the steroids as I said is the excessive thirst and urinating, which you would think would flush the bladder?

This afternoon she just wet on the sofa where she was lying :( had to wash her.

I'm so sorry to hear she's not doing well. I will keep your girl in my thoughts and prayers. Henry sends her kisses!

When Oz got sprayed by the skunk last week, he screamed in pain (he got sprayed in the eyes and face). I cannot imagine having an SM/CM dog who regularly screamed in pain. Luckily Riley, my SM dog, has never screamed in pain. I would be beside myself trying to figure out how to help her - like you are doing with Kayleigh now Nicki. Just hearing Oz's agonizing screams that day was enough to make me understand how that is no quality of life for a dog who feels that on a regular basis, or even on an irregular basis but is miserable in between. I do hope that Kayleigh bounces back and lives a long happier life with you.

Update on Kayleigh, she's much the same, After grooming she has a panting episode [pain, doesn't want to be near anyone] for about 20 minutes, so only doing it alternate days and trying not to pull her around too much. If this continues then I will speak to the vet about sedating her and having her coat clipped off.

Defintely not too hot, we live in an old stone cottage and the highest indoor temperature has been 22C!

I have a call in to the vet to see if there is anything else we can try - she has been on the steroids for 6 days so I would have expected to see an improvement by now.

Thank you for your kind posts and for the lovely PMs - unforutnatley I have just started some new medication and it's making me feel a bit rough so sorry for not replying yet or being around very much.

im sorry to hear that kayleigh is sill havibg a hard time. sending hugs so that she is feeling better soon xx

Was just wondering if Kayleigh is feeling any better Nicki. Let us know when you feel up to it please.

Aww Nicki. What a bad time for the pair of you. Has she shown any improvement?

What's Glasgow saying about it?

I now get Misty clipped short so we don't groom. It was clearly uncomfortable for her. We leave her ears and her tail, with some feathers, but the body hair goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. We think she is a bit brighter this morning, she is slightly more interested in what is going on, wags her tail when you go towards her etc.

we are speaking to the vet again today about trying something else.

If she is ok next week I will book her in to be clipped

:updte:

Today she is heaps better!! She is happy to sit with the other dogs [she was withdrawing from them] and although not happy to be picked up still, she isn't quite so tense.

She is approaching you wagging her tail when you enter the room which is a huge improvement.

Obviously it's impossible to say whether it is the Normast or the steroids that are helping her at the moment...

Thank you again for all the lovely posts and the support.

Nicki and a happier Kayleigh!

Lovely news Nicki ! I hope this improvement continues each day. Sending lots of :hug:these to you all !

This is the best news and just made my day! What a relief this must be for you and Trevor. I hope you are feeling better too!

This is really good news. Time for you to relax and to pamper yourself a little after all you've been through.

I am just now reading this. I am so sorry Nicki & cannot imagine. You are in my thoughts and prayers and I hope that she can begin to get comfortable soon. xx

Back