• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

UPDATE!! Kayleigh - screaming episode

Thanks Paula - as you know Kayleigh had a good evening Thurs and great day Friday, but has not been good since. I never know when to post what, as it's such an emotional rollercoaster :( Last night we were saying that we didn't think she was having enough "good moments", complicated by 2 episodes of uncontrolled urinating when awake – within one hour of each other. Both times she stood up, looked surprised and moved away and started trying to clean herself. She has been lying on the lino floor a lot, on her side, so obviously she soaked her coat. I had to wash her [rear end only] and that set off another panting episode. We had another two accidents overnight so I was up the loft at midnight finding another duvet :(

I have always successfully treated incontinence with an homoeopathic remedy made from Propolin - both spay incontinence and two dogs with incontinence due to CM/SM, so I am dosing Kayleigh with that. today she has been dribbling still. Clare Rusbridge says the high dose steroids might be causing it so we should look to reduce them soon.

Kayleigh is booked in on Friday to be sedated and clipped.

We are increasing the Lyrica dose to see if that helps, unfortunately I have to go away on Sunday for a week leaving my husband in charge so that is going to be difficult.

Clare said she had three other dogs across the country who kept her anxious over the weekend - she is so wonderful, and really cares about all the dogs - and their people.

Aww no! A rollercoaster indeed. It must be difficult to stay on top of your emotions right now. I know you'll do the best for Kayleigh, but remember to look after yourself too.

We'll all keep up the positive thoughts, and don't feel you need to keep posting if your struggling. I do hope you can get her off the steroids soon, SM is bad enough without little accidents to worry about too. We're all rooting for you and Kayleigh *hug*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nicki ...Sorry I haven't been on the forum much lately..but wanted to say it is good to know things are a little better now w/ your Kayleigh. Our pups mean so much to us...it would be soooo very hard watching them go through all this. Praying for things to continue to improve. ~hugs~

Oh no; a big hug, Nicki. Please remember to be kind to yourself and look after yourself while away. :flwr:

Oh Nicki, I am so sorry that Kayleigh is still having these problems. You are trying so hard to keep her comfortable........she is lucky to have you. :hug:

So sorry that Kayleigh is having problems Nicki. Poor you too, it must be so worrying for you as well as all the extra washing and drying involved. Perhaps it is the steroids causing the incontinence, in which case she will be much better once you can reduce the dose. Have a good week away and keep in touch as and when you can please. Meanwhile, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Ahh nicki, so pleased kayleigh is a lot more comfortable, i really hope they get her pain under control, so she can continue getting back to her normal self. karen,ruby and sadie :lotsaluv:

Sorry I posted an update a few days ago and it's gone missing :(

Well Kayleigh is much the same really, she has her bright times. She was sedated and clipped yesterday, she was having a lot of pain when I brushed her and especially when I tried to cut her nails so this will make life more comfortable for her for a bit. she looks like a wee Teddy bear - she is SO tiny, it was all coat!!

I'm away for a week so hubby is in charge - with an instruction manual!

Would love to see a picture of Kayleigh with her new "hair-do"!!!!!!

I won't tell you not to worry while away, know that wouldn't be possible, but do take care of yourself and maybe relax a bit.

Sending lots of gentle hugs to Kayleigh.

Back