• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Puppy not eating enough?

Hi All,

we have got our first ever puppy. He is so cute and excitable, albeit being a bit of a rascal at the moment!

hE is on puppy Eukanaba food, and we have been told by the breeder that he needs 150g throughout the day.

At the moment he is probably only eating 50g.

He has been at his new home for 3 days, is this quite common that he won't eat his full allowance?

Thanks for your help

Mark

Puppies are pretty good at self regulating how much they need (adults can be gluttons though). I would offer him the 150g over the course of the day in 3-4 meals. And not worry unless he stops eating.

Keep in mind that your puppy will grow, so 150g may not be enough at some point.

And, of course, remember that after eating he needs to go straight outside to potty.

Good luck with the new puppy. We want pictures.

I agree, Fletcher has never eaten the "recommended" amount (always less) but he is growing fine. At first I did feed him "recommended" amount but slowly learned the amount he normally eats but I admit I like it better when he leave a little in the bowl because I know he has had all he wants/needs.

I would avoided treats and only use pieces of kibble for now.

Yes we want pictures and what is his name??????

Back