• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Drinkwell Water Fountain

I had one. First, Guinness didn't want to drink from anything that he thought might eat him, so that was the first issue. Thistle loved it, it was the only thing she wanted to drink from. I had it downstairs, and she'd race right past the upstairs bowl to drink from the fountain. That was probably the best thing about it.

If you get one be sure to also get the water reservoir that attaches to the back (or the highest end one includes it I think). You need a quite a bit of water in order for the pump to be happy (probably 500 ml or more). If you factor in evaporation for the day, how much gets drunk, and that fact that it can't function without half a liter (again that's my estimate, it may be more than that), it is just a pain to keep full. I was refilling mine maybe three times a day, sometimes more.

It needs cleaning constantly, I think I was dismantling and scrubbing it twice a week, and it still had stuff growing. It was disgusting. Be sure to use the filters, it's much worse without them.

Thistle was disappointed when one day it went to get cleaned and never came back.

We do not have the drinkwell, but we do have the raindrop by Pioneer Pet. Cody loves it!! He especially enjoys drinking where the water bubbles up and waterfalls down. I love that his ears are not always wet at the bottom. It does have a filter which keeps the water very clean and I only need to change the filter about every 3 weeks I also empty and clean it once a week. Also seems to keep the water a bit cooler!

Waterbowl 003 by StacyandCody, on Flickr

Back