Thread: Zac 11 year old Multicolour boy looking for a new home

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Zac 11 year old Multicolour boy looking for a new home

Zac is in the care of Freshfields Dog Rescue in Liverpool. This is his rehoming thread http://www.freshfieldsrescue.org.uk/animals/detail/zac1
    Please contact the rescue for more details. This sweet little chap is looking for a lap to spend this golden years on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi
    i have contacted a friend over Zac so he willsoon appear on
    another forum and the main club rescue coordinators will be notified .

Tks

BrianO
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Just curious Brian -- if this little guy is already safe in rescue and ready for rehoming , is there a need for club rescues to get involved? Or am I misunderstanding this post? (I may well be! )

Just for general information to anyone wishing to help rescues (as I know many here do, including Brian!) : as a courtesy, the original rescue should really always be asked first about having club or any other rescue contacted to 'help'. This can be a sensitive area, and some won't desire the involvement of other rescues, especially ones they don't know and work with already (plus, most good rescues will ask for help if they need it & know to find breed club contacts). I know it might seem like involving other rescues is always helpful, but really it should never be done without clearing this with the original rescue first, or alternatively, without a specific request for additional help, from the rescue that has a dog.

In the same way that if you have a job, having people outside come along and start to advise and micromanage your work can be pretty darn annoying and unwanted if you are doing perfectly fine already.

One point of concern -- it is known that some club rescues in the past would not take older dogs and/or have made decisions in the past to pts dogs they believe are not rehomeable (that some in rescue would have strongly disagreed with and thus, such club rescues are now avoided). Sad, but something to keep in mind.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hello Karlin

I do know Freshfields just outside L/pool and they do a superb job on limited funds as most unforunately are .Our aim is
    only to try and help find a forever home for this old chap ,we are not asking other rescues to rescue only that they may
    have/know somebody already on their lists who could contact F/felds direct and help give Zac his forevere home.
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

I am pleased to say Zac is now reserved. I hope he will soon have a new forever home

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Glad to hear he is reserved. Cavaliers almost always seem to find a new home fairly quickly, even with older dogs or medical conditions. That's why a lot of us in rescue think that while an honest assessment of every dog is needed -- and must be given to prospective homes (there is also a problem with some rescues concealing problems or minimising them or not properly investigating a condition ) --no snap decision should be made to pts a dog simply because of age or medical condition, if quality of life is good.

Unless they post with permission to crosspost, it is still proper etiquette to ask a rescue if they need help and if so, if you may therefore inform breed/club rescue. Sometimes such help is welcomed -- and sometimes it is not.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com