• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

I did it!

My Henry Boy

I took the first step and filled out the preliminary application to adopt a rescue cavalier. I hope we hear back from them soon and fill out the "big" application. :crossing fingers:

I know the perfect one will come across. I'm nervous though. I hate the thought of being judged.. More like what if they don't like me, or my kids. Weird I know.

I know the perfect one will come across. I'm nervous though. I hate the thought of being judged.. More like what if they don't like me, or my kids. Weird I know.

I completely understand that. I recently applied to foster so I'm going thur that now. I figured I'm home full-time and the kids (yes all of them!!!) start school soon so I can handle a foster or 2:xfngr:

Best of luck to you. The right one will come along soon enough. I feel very strongly about rescuing and the best approach is through a rescue group that deals with cavs. Thats how we did it and are now parents of a 7 1/2 month ruby called Rosie. Good Luck!

I just recently adopted my third Cavalier rescue and wouldn't trade them for anything!

Its a double edge sword, in a way I'm so hopeful that they will have a dog for us, and in the other way I hope they do not (because I hate to think of someone giving up on one of these gorgeous babies).
But as people generally suck and circumstances can change in a heartbeat I know it won't be long before we are called.

I never understood why people get a cute little puppy and then decide it is too much work..and get rid of them. At least there are people like YOU that are willing to open their hearts and homes to these furry friends. Hoping the "right" one comes along soon for your family. Can't wait to hear about it..and see some pictures when you do !!

Back