• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Trainer viewpoint: front-clip-versus-back-clip-harnesses

We have the Easy Walk harness for Sophie, and it is wonderful. It's the only thing she won't pull against. She still tries, but it stops her quickly and is very gentle

Agree completely! I use the easy walk for the puppy and it really stops her pulling without hurting her.

Because it's been so insanely hot this summer, and Fletcher has been getting plenty of exercise swimming instead of walking we have lost a little leash skills. We go to puppy class and he is fine there, inside but out walking in the neighborhood has been a different story. I was going to ask the trainer/teacher about leash pulling at our next class but I'm going to go ahead a get an Easy Walk and give it a try. Fletcher is getting good at basic commands like sit, down and recall but that cavalier ADD/OCD thing kicks in outside anywhere around kids playing. I know he just needs more time but if the Easy Walk will help I'm going to try it.

MomObvious - make sure it fits him properly. Our son and DIL have one for their 55-lb dog and she said it never really helped. I took a look and it wasn't fitted properly on the dog. I tightened a few straps that were loose, and it works much better.

Great article. I love our front clip, really helped us Reinforce leash training and is now always there as support if she gets too excited in new places.

Back