Thread: Water Bowl

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Water Bowl

Hi

We use stainless steel food bowls and ceramic Cavalier water bowls with two in the house and one in the garden but
    all of them after a drink get soggy ears even though are supposed to be purpose made proper Cavalier water bowls .

Does anyone know if there are any made that actually do what they should do ie allow them to get their mouth in and
    have a drink and retreat with dry ears .

Tks

Bri
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

Brian we are having the same problem!!!!!!!

http://www.cavaliertalk.com/forums/s...the-water-bowl

Here is the link to my post about ears in the water bowl. I ordered the stainless one from amazon. I had no idea there were such a things as spaniel bowls DUH me right! As you know Fletcher is always on the go with us and the stainless bowl is safer to travel with. The gorgeous ceramic ones on etsy are pretty but I would be scared of paying that much money for one only to break it.

I should get the bowl soon so I'll let you know what I think.

Oh P.S. I thought about buying a fountain too, but decided against it cause Mr. Monster would play in it for sure.
    Melissa
    "If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life."
    -Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like

We use coffee mugs - the right size for Chloe's head but narrow enough for her ears not to get in. Problem solved.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you tried Cindy Koehring's bowls? The website can be found at www.spanielbowls.com (or just google spaniel bowls), they work great, I have 2 and just ordered another one but they keep her ears dry! Cindy also ships internationally and has some great pics of her dogs and other customers too
    Noelle, B.B., & Tucker

Post Thanks / Like

Oh man, yes Brian I did get the spaniel bowl and it does work great. No more wet ears!!!!!! I have also been using a coffee mug and that works too only problem with that is the mug gets knocked over easier.
    Melissa
    "If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life."
    -Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like

These are the ones we got for Skippy --