• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Water Bowl

Brian M

Hi

We use stainless steel food bowls and ceramic Cavalier water bowls with two in the house and one in the garden but
all of them after a drink get soggy ears even though are supposed to be purpose made proper Cavalier water bowls .

Does anyone know if there are any made that actually do what they should do ie allow them to get their mouth in and
have a drink and retreat with dry ears .

Tks

Bri

Brian we are having the same problem!!!!!!!

http://www.cavaliertalk.com/forums/showthread.php?42122-Dipping-ears-in-the-water-bowl

Here is the link to my post about ears in the water bowl. I ordered the stainless one from amazon. I had no idea there were such a things as spaniel bowls DUH me right! As you know Fletcher is always on the go with us and the stainless bowl is safer to travel with. The gorgeous ceramic ones on etsy are pretty but I would be scared of paying that much money for one only to break it.

I should get the bowl soon so I'll let you know what I think.

Oh P.S. I thought about buying a fountain too, but decided against it cause Mr. Monster would play in it for sure.

Have you tried Cindy Koehring's bowls? The website can be found at www.spanielbowls.com (or just google spaniel bowls), they work great, I have 2 and just ordered another one but they keep her ears dry! Cindy also ships internationally and has some great pics of her dogs and other customers too :)

Oh man, yes Brian I did get the spaniel bowl and it does work great. No more wet ears!!!!!! I have also been using a coffee mug and that works too only problem with that is the mug gets knocked over easier.

We have one of the spanielbowls.com that BeBe mentioned (above) for Sophie and her ears stay dry. Well worth the small fortune invested in it, and it run it through the dishwasher regularly to keep it clean. Sophie has the "puppy" size and it is perfect, even though she is 17 lbs. The opening for the adult size was too large for her. Our son and daughter-in-law's 55-lb Labra-Mutt loves to drink out of it!

dorsews

Last edited:
Hi Brian. We have the most wonderful bowls here...they are called Water Bowls for Travel and have a lid with a small hole - big enough for the dogs to drink, but their ears stay outside. The are non spill too, perfect in the car etc. I will try to find a photo.....

Back