Thread: health insurance premium increase-yikes

Post Thanks / Like

Default health insurance premium increase-yikes

I'm barely recovering from the shock. Sophie has been with PetPlan for a few years, and we have never made a claim. Today we received notice via email that it is renewal time and her premium has increased by $90, a 31% increase. I cannot imagine how bad it might be if we had any claims.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my!!!! That is a lot I think I would call them perhaps that is the rate for people who don't notice. I hope its like credit cards rates, if you pay on time and call them and ask for a lower rate they give it to you. The cable company is like that here too, every few months I call and complain about my bill tell them I'm going to switch to Dish TV or something and poof like magic the bill is lowered. Heck its worth the call.
    Melissa
    "If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life."
    -Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like

That is quite a lot.. What I have to look forward to in about 6 months I suppose..

Post Thanks / Like

I used to be with Petplan here in the Uk. Murphy was only 2 and the price was over 25 a month.

We were lucky enough to be able to switch insurers at the time. I pay 9 for bear enough the same cover now and he's 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Paula - mum to Murphy(6) & Misty(7), and Jerry our cat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If you haven't made any claims perhaps it's time to think about switching insurers. Or price a new policy through PetPlan with age/breed etc. then call and say you won't pay more than that rate.

Unfortunately this is how insurance works, they ideally will get your money for a couple of years, then start ratcheting it up and hope you'll stick with it. In a perfect world you'll decide it's not worth it and cancel before ever making a claim. It's free money for them.

Post Thanks / Like

Soushiruiuma - Good idea to price the policy again. I already paid the premium this time, but I will price shop next year.

I hope you are evacuating and will be safe from Isaac.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by waldor View Post
    Soushiruiuma -
    I hope you are evacuating and will be safe from Isaac.
    I doubt Isaac will make it as far as Brussels

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Soushiruiuma View Post
    Hahaaa I was just thinking the other day maybe you should change your location now. But I am think of the Gulf area today, I hope its not too bad. Shouldn't be anything like Katrina but still......
    Melissa
    "If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life."
    -Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Soushiruiuma View Post
    LOL New Orleans shows as your "Location" so I thought you live there. I am very happy you are not in the path of the hurricane.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by waldor View Post
    LOL New Orleans shows as your "Location" so I thought you live there. I am very happy you are not in the path of the hurricane.
    I lived in New Orleans until July of this year. (except 2003-2007). Updating my location was very low on the priority list for moving.

I have several friends back in Louisiana though who are either battening down the hatches, or taking what we call a "hurrication". And drinking, of course, the traditional New Orleans hurricane prep.