Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Murphy's still not right

Post Thanks / Like

Lol it's Murphy

But yea agree about the air pressure, Misty has SM and has been very scratchy these last 3 weeks.

It's a waiting game at the moment, but hopefully not for long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Paula - mum to Murphy(6) & Misty(7), and Jerry our cat.

Post Thanks / Like

I am with AXA. As far as I know if you can’t pay the vet/neurologist on the day in full you will need a Pre-Authorisation. Unless Glasgow agree to wait for the claim to come through. And I doubt that very much not without Pre-Authorisation.

And the claim for the 28 shoudn't be rejected as it should go towards your 75 excess. You really have to be on the ball with AXA. I was pulling my hair out last year. I had to do all the chasing and investigating. All the advisers tell you a different thing. One was telling me i didn't have to fill out another form after the Pre-Authorisation, another one said that the vet had to fill in another form another said that it just needs faxing. My vet faxed it twice and only when I queried it with two different advisers I found out that it was being looked at as a new claim because the vet didn't put on the form that this was the bill for the original Pre-Authorisation. My Pre-Authorisation took 7 days to come through and thats what they tell you so 7 weeks is not expectable. You really have to stand your ground with them in the end I talked to 5 different people in one day and the complains department telling them that because of you I will have to have my dog pts next time as my vet won't exept any Pre-Authorisation from you anymore. My vet had the money within 3 days and they also paid my money straight away.
    Last edited by Sabby; 28th August 2012 at 02:13 PM.
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi

Received from AXA on Saturday a C/e for Daisy's operation on the 10 th so it seems they are paying out a bit quicker. Axa seemed to have sublet the pet
    insurance side to a company called Connect so I normally moan at them that I will complain to AXA about the bad record of settlement there is now since they have been involved ,probably makes absolutely no difference though.
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

Oops! Think the air pressure's giving me extra senior moments!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sorry to hear that poor Murphy is having more problems Paula this is so reminiscent of Rupert - so sadly I suspect CM/SM too.

IN the past I didn't have to get preauthoriastion letters for Glasgow, but check with them. Just took 2 ins claim forms and the policy schedule, I presume they 'phone the insurers themselves? I have to pay the consultation but they claim the MRI direct from the insurer.

Our air pressure is changing by as much as 20mb in 24 hours like Kate, and I'm having bad problems with Kayleigh because of it.

Do hope you get booked in soon and get some answers.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

I can't help with insurance questions, but just wanted to say that I hope Murphy starts feeling better soon and he can get a proper diagnosis and treatment plan soon.
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

Post Thanks / Like

Awe..how hard this must be for him..and for you as well. I don't know what to say other than I sure will be praying things improve. Sending you a ~hug~
    *Diane ~ Mom to~
    Wrigley ( Cavalier) Zeb ( Labrador) & Jake ( Labradoodle)

Post Thanks / Like

Well he acted up last night too, 15 minutes after going to bed. He wasn't frantic or overly upset, so in not sure if the attention he received on Sunday night triggered the behaviour or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Paula - mum to Murphy(6) & Misty(7), and Jerry our cat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Any news from Glasgow Paula?

Just picked up on the drool comment - Kayleigh drools terribly, her beautiful white chest is now pink Vet can't find any other reason for it.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

I was up last night with one dog who was vomiting and one dog who had diarrhea. At least the vomiting was on a hardwood floor - not carpet - and Oliver told me he had to go outside all three times. But I was thinking that these dogs are like my kids who are now adults. I don't like to get up at night with them, but I gladly do it and then since they were both so clearly not feeling well, I brought them both into bed with me and kicked my hubby out. Both are better today after a little chicken broth and rice.

This is just all to say that I empathize with you Paula about Murphy. I hope you hear from Glascow soon and can get to the bottom of it. There's nothing worse than the not knowing.
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)