• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Charlie was a little angel this morning

xoxHannaHxox

This is exactly why I hate it when people say dogs don't have feeling or understand.

I started to become really ill last night and started throwing up in the early hours. About 6am I came downstairs to do a hot water bottle and I think Charlie knew straight away something was up, he didn't jump up he just sat by my feet looking up curiously.

I had to run the the downstairs bathroom, shut the door and started being sick again so aggressively that I hurt my back so bad i started to cry. I started to panic because of the pain plus throwing up and crying I couldn't catch my breath.

Next thing I hear is Charlie barking and whining at the bathroom door, then I heard him scuttle off and start barking at the bottom of the stairs then run back and start howling outside the door again till my mum came down and found me!

I know it's no near death situation but he was still a little angel and sometimes he is so cheeky and naughty that it seems like he doesn't care but this morning showed he did :D

Anyone have any similar tales about their cavaliers (or other pets) coming to the rescue? :)

Oh, what a wonderful tale. (Minus the pain and discomfort for you ... ) I hope you're feeling better soon. Charlie was definitely getting help for you.

My only version of this with Tess was in the weeks prior to my hip replacement. I was in a lot of pain, and she spent many hours sitting next to me on the right side, which was the sore hip. She had definitely figured out what hurt and was trying to comfort me by keeping it warm.

Nothing quite as intense as your experience, but our Sophie seems to know when I've got a badly pulled muscle and am ailing. She will sit next to me as long as I am sitting still. I call her our "nurse dog."

If Mr. Monster (my 4 yr old son) is having a temper fit Fletcher stays clear of him (we all do he goes to his room and we can hear him yelling that he's not our friends LOL) However, when Mr. Monster hurts himself Fletcher is right by him!! Last night my son tripped and smacked his forehead on a table Fletcher was sleeping on the sofa but when he heard Mr. Monster cry he jumped right up. Funny how Fletcher seems to know the difference. My son was fine need to stop running in the house but......

I'm sure I shared this some months ago when it happened. We lost our 48-yr old daughter to an extremely aggressive form of cancer on Dec 22 and we have been devastated. About 2 months later the hubby was holding Bentley on his lap (a favorite pastime for both) and in the usual position of lengthwise with Grandpa's legs with nose toward the feet. Bentley is very long. Something came over my husband and he started crying audibly. Bentley turned and looked at him for a minute, then turned completely around, snuggling his nose under Jerry's chin. They just stayed that way for quite a while. It was obvious that he knew he could provide comfort, and he still does in different ways every day.

Back